Hotel General Manager Colorado Springs Area
Punkin Center, CO 80821
Hotel General Manager Colorado Springs Area
Salary $50 – 58k
General Manager manages all aspects of the property according to company policy, established procedures, and brand standards. They oversee all hiring, training and development of congenial, efficient and effective staff. Hotel General Manager must promote sales activity to maintain and increase occupancy and ADR, and manage the property in an efficient, cost effective manner maximizing guest satisfaction and profitability.
- Hotel General Manager ensures regular, on-going communication is taking place within all departments of the hotel. Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps leadership focused on the critical few to achieve results.
- Hotel General Manager must ensure brand initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Researches and analyzes products within the competitive set and introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
- Hotel General Manager must comply with all franchise / license / brand requirements.
- Creates atmosphere in all areas that exceeds guest satisfaction and maximizes employee morale and retention
- Hotel General manager reviews guest satisfaction tools and other data to identify areas of success and those needing improvement. Shares findings with leadership team and ensures appropriate action is taken.
Sales and Revenue Management
- Focuses on building the property’s top line revenue by assisting in the development of a sales and marketing strategy in all revenue producing areas.
- Hotel General Manager provides input and supports overall sales strategy, ensures alignment with the brand business strategy and proper pricing and positioning of the property in the market.
- Provides recommendations to meet yield and penetration objectives.
- Hotel General Manager participates in weekly sales strategy meeting, anticipates service and staffing needs.
- Communicates regularly with meeting planners on property, evaluates if operations is meeting service needs and provides feedback to operations team.
- Uses the STAR report, competitive shopping and other resources to maintain awareness of the hotel’s market position. Researches competitors’ strategies to identify ways to increase market share and maximize revenue.
- Hotel General Manager must develop strong community and public relations by participating in local events and sponsoring activities showcasing the property.
- Has overall responsibility for Rooms and Meeting Rooms operations sales performance against budget. Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales team to acquire new business.
- Hotel General Manager reviews the annual operations budget, including capital expenditures to achieve or exceed budget expectations for operational areas.
- Reviews reports and financial statements to determine performance against budget. Leads cost containment efforts within operations.
- Coaches and supports operations team to effectively manage occupancy and rate, wages and controllable expenses. Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or associate satisfaction.
The Hotel General Manager must have previous hotel management and leadership experience, preferably at the economy or midscale service level. The best candidates will have a strong command of hospitality sales, marketing, accounting, and operations. A college degree in business or hospitality is preferred. Excellent computer skills are also a requirement: Property Management Systems, CRM software, and the Microsoft Office suite are heavily emphasized.
Apply now Hotel General Manager Colorado Springs area
Salary $50 -58k
Marty Tarabar , CPC
Marty Tarabar is a Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for 7 states. After 13 plus years of experience as a partner with Gecko Hospitality, Marty has really honed his skills to find the best possible position for each of the great candidates he works with. He has brought on, trained and developed a strong team of recruiters to support his franchise territories.
Marty started in the business very young and from the ground up. Dishwashing at the local diner was his way of financing his many travels. As a Boy Scout, Marty traveled to Japan, Israel and across the United States twice before the age of 17. Since then Marty has worked for Bennigan's, The Office and Charlie Brown's, TGI Friday's and Applebee's as a General Manager, Training General Manager and a District Manager. Marty also worked as a Food Service Manager for Genuardi Family Markets, a division of Safeway and was a guest speaker at the National Home Meal Replacement Seminar.
After many years on the road, Marty and his wife, Jill, settled in beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where they are enjoying the life of empty nesters. Their son, Jacob, works for Marty and handles the states of Arkansas and Delaware. Daughter, Dayna, has joined as a recruiter assistant for Colorado.
Now that he has made his final career change Marty has much more time to devote to his many activities with synagogue and choir. He is a lifetime Red Cross Blood Donor (over 60 pints donated so far) and regularly volunteers his cooking skills for charitable events.