Hotel General Manager
15202 Major Lansdale Blvd, Bowie, MD 20716 Bowie, MD 20720
Hotel General Manager needed!
We re searching for a Hotel General Manager at our property in the Bowie area! The Hotel General Manager will be in charge of supervising all operations at our property. He/she will assist in the development and maintenance of operating budgets. This person will also work with our team to set sales, quality control, and forecasting goals. The Hotel General Manager will work with our sales team to promote the property to businesses in and around the community, meeting with potential guests. Being able to hire, train, and develop department heads and hourly employees is an essential part of the Hotel General Manager position. This individual will ensure our housekeeping department is maintaining the property and meeting/exceeding standards.
- Minimum of 3+ years current experience as Hotel General Manager
- Must have Hilton-Branded experience to be considered for this position
- Outstanding oral, written, and communication skills
- Solid track record of business and customer development
- Strong background in reservation sales, yield & revenue management
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and development of hotel staff and Managers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs essential
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Deep knowledge of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- Proven record of increasing all metrics, i.E. RevPar, GOP, GSS
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.