Hotel General Manager
6325 Carlisle Pike, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050 Columbus, OH 43221
Are you a dynamic, passionate, hands-on and experienced Hotel General Manager? Here is your opportunity to work for a Hotel Company located in Columbus, Ohio.
Our company is seeking an award winning General Manager for a nationally recognized hotel brand in the Select Serve segment. You would be responsible for leading the hotel operations to meet and exceed the values and standards set forth by the Ownership group. Your focus will be to produce an exceptional product in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and generate financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Process invoices and End-of-Month procedures
- Generate invoices for select Direct Bill accounts
- Reconcile monthly IHG Reward stay invoice
- Reconcile system drops and make bank deposits
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Maintain Overall Service and Cleanliness scores to stay compliant with Brand Standards
- Respond to guest surveys (Heartbeat)
- Resolve any guest related service issues
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with department managers to stay current with any issues/concerns, groups, policies/procedures
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision and professional development, conduct counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Process new hire and termination paperwork
- Approve department schedules to stay within budgeted guidelines
- Ensure the property stays up to date with any federal, state, local and company regulations
- Conduct property walks and room inspections on a weekly basis
- Develop relationships and connect with the local community
- Complete special projects/assignments as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or VP of Operations
As the General Manager, the focus should always be to complete work on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Proven track record of successful experience as an award winning General Manager of a Select Service hotel.
- Proven track record of solid, long-term employment history.
- IHG brand experience is strongly preferred
- Willingness to except feedback as it relates to the operation and overall development
- Experience working with Accounting systems
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to details and excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic and the ability to “roll your sleeves up” when needed
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
- Hotel Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Guest Service: 3 years (Preferred)
- Stability in all current and previous roles.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
- Loyalty bonus/whole life insurance paid with cash value.
- Access to ownership
- Relocation reimbursement up to 4% of base salary paid after 4 months of employment.
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Rob Wallace has held Executive Level Management positions during his extensive career in the Hospitality Industry with hotel brands such as Red Roof Inns, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn and Hampton Inns and Suites.
Drawing on over 30 years of Hotel Operations experience from General Manager to Executive Vice President roles, as well as serving on numerous industry related boards, his background provides the perfect foundation to partner with Clients and Candidates to find the perfect opportunity to achieve operations excellence.
Rob is a resident of Columbus, Ohio and is joining Gecko Hospitality Executive as a franchise partner for Southern Ohio. He can be contacted at email@example.com or by calling 614-570-6166.