Hotel General Manager
Columbus, OH 43219
Select Serve Hotel
Are you a dynamic, passionate, hands-on and experienced Hotel General Manager? Here is your opportunity to work for a Hotel Company located in Columbus, Ohio. Our company is seeking an award winning General Manager for a nationally recognized hotel brand in the Select Serve segment. You would be responsible for leading the hotel operations to meet and exceed the values and standards set forth by the Ownership group. Your focus will be to produce an exceptional product in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and generate financial profitability. Don’t miss this fresh, exciting and rewarding career opportunity as a General Manager in Columbus, Ohio.
Title of Position: General Manager
Job Description: The General Manager will be responsible for processing and generating invoices for Direct Bill accounts and end-of-month procedures as well as reconciling monthly reward stay invoices. The General Manager will reconcile system drops and make bank deposit and process bi-weekly payroll. The General Manager must maintain overall service and cleanliness scores to stay compliant with brand standards, respond to guest surveys and resolve any guest related service issues. The General Manager is responsible for conducting weekly staff meetings with department managers to stay current with any issues/concerns, groups, policies/procedures and monitoring and developing team member performances to include providing supervision and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognitions and rewards. The General Manager will process new hire and termination paperwork and approve department schedules to stay within budgeted guidelines. The General Manager must ensure the property stays up to date with any federal, state, local and company regulations and conduct property walks and room inspections on a weekly basis. The General Manager is responsible for developing relationships and connecting with the local community and completing special projects/assignments as assigned by the Director of Operations and/or VP of Operations.
- Competitive salary and annual performance bonus
- Loyalty bonus/whole life insurance paid with cash value
- Access to ownership
- Relocation reimbursement available.
- The General Manager should possess a proven track record of solid, long-term employment history and successful experience as an award winning General Manager of a Select Service hotel
- The General Manager should have National Brand experience
- The General Manager should have experience working with accounting systems and have strong organizational and analytical skills
- The General Manager should have a strong work ethic and the ability to “roll your sleeves up,” attention to detail and a passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
- A willingness to accept feedback as it relates to the operation and overall development of the company is a requirement of the General Manager position
- The General Manager must have at least 3 years of Hotel Management experience, 2 years of Accounting experience, 3 years in Guest Service and stability in all current and previous roles
Apply Now-General Manager located in Columbus, Ohio.
If you would like to be considered for this position, email your resume to email@example.com.
Meet Your Recruiter
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Rob Wallace has held Executive Level Management positions during his extensive career in the Hospitality Industry with hotel brands such as Red Roof Inns, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Courtyard, Residence Inn and Hampton Inns and Suites.
Drawing on over 30 years of Hotel Operations experience from General Manager to Executive Vice President roles, as well as serving on numerous industry related boards, his background provides the perfect foundation to partner with Clients and Candidates to find the perfect opportunity to achieve operations excellence.
Rob is a resident of Columbus, Ohio and is joining Gecko Hospitality Executive as a franchise partner for Southern Ohio. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 614-570-6166.