Hotel General Manager
North Platte, NE 69101
- Oversees and manages the business unit's overall financial performance including but not limited to: Revenue Management, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Cash Handling and Purchasing and communicates with corporate support staff as needed
- Monitor the performance of the hotel throughout the year
- The Hotel General Manager must actively participate in sales and marketing
- Monitors the recruitment, hiring, training, development and orientation of all employees. Oversees employee relations and provides leadership for all staff members.
- The hotel General Manager Oversees and ensures compliance on safety training and programs
- Leads by example and contributes to building a positive team
- Answers guest's complaints and resolves problems quickly to ensure guest satisfaction.
- The Hotel General Manager is responsible to audit daily reports and process weekly and monthly reports
- Maintain good working relationship with all departments
- Provide clear expectations and appropriate feedback for staff Respect and sensitivity for cultural differences Promote a harassment free environment Commit to hours necessary to achieve goals and budgets Other duties as assigned by management
- Some traveling required
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.