Hotel General Manager
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741
Located minutes from Folsom attractions and the downtown Sacramento Convention Center. Enjoy all of the charms of Rancho Cordova, downtown Sacramento, and visit the abundant outdoor recreation of nearby Folsom. Visit local attractions such as Rancho Cordova Events Center, Lake Natoma, Folsom Premium Outlets and the RedHawk Casino.
The Hotel General Manager is responsible for the operation of the entire hotel including revenue generation profitability, guest service, quality and overall cleanliness and maintenance of the property. This leader must guide the Executive and management team in dealing with the hotel's problems and opportunities in order to best serve the financial interests of the property. Additionally, through leadership and mentoring, the General Manager works to establish a friendly, courteous, and service-oriented approach to guests that is exhibited by all hotel employees.
- Lead the Executive and Management team effectively
- Plans, develops and implements hotel policies and goals.
- Coordinate the operation of each individual's department and special projects, and assist in identifying problems and solutions
- Business planning in line with forecasted sales and costs including guidance to department heads
- Establish and implement guest service standards for all departments, periodically review, identify problems and corrective actions
- Coordinates activities of departments such as rooms, food, beverage, engineering, sales, and administrative to create operational efficiency and economy.
- Providing a core, foundational and dynamic guest and team member relation platforms that culminate in the highest levels of satisfaction and loyalty.
- Achieving the hotel’s service, revenue, and financial performance goals that are products of strategic and visionary planning, development and execution.
- Directs and coordinates the promotion of products and services to develop new markets, increase the share of market, and obtain a competitive position in the industry.
- Ensuring that the highest level of compliance with Ownership and Franchise Brand Standards are adhered to and met.
- Director of Human Resources
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Director of Engineering
- Director of Rooms
- Executive Chef
- Director of Food & Beverage
- 4-7 years of proven tenure as a hotel general manager with a notable market brand.
- Prior Hotel General Manager experience required.
- Hotel experience leading properties with 250-400 rooms.
- Relocation to area within 90 days of hire
- Executive Committee/General Manager incentive/bonus structure
- Advanced benefits compared to other properties
- Fun additional perks within the brand!
Meet Your Recruiter
Senior Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
David Farah is a Senior Executive Recruiter for Gecko Hospitality with over 15 years of experience in the Hospitality and Restaurant Industry. Before joining Gecko Hospitality, David was Senior Director of Recruiting for global celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s restaurant group. As the Senior Director of Recruiting, David was responsible for all staffing at over fifty restaurants with sales over 250 million dollars.
David began his restaurant management career with Hillstone Restaurant Group in both Napa Valley and Atlanta. He then joined Eureka! Restaurant Group as General Manager of the flagship where Farah led and developed management training for the company’s successful expansion while setting the benchmark for company profit percentages.
Several years later, Farah joined Four Seasons Hotel in Silicon Valley as the youngest Senior Food & Beverage Department Head in the Americas. Within twenty-four months, the department was ranked number one in the Americas for guest service, satisfaction, and profit. After marrying the love of his life, Judee, David was asked to lead the opening staffing team for Apple Inc’s new one-billion-dollar global headquarters in Cupertino, California.
Throughout his career, Farah has always believed in the power of the human spirit to improve, learn, and develop continuously. Partnered in this belief, is his intention to always offer others the opportunity to strive for greatness and pursue their passions.