Hotel General Manager
889 E Jennifer Ln, Sidney, NE 69162 Sidney, NE 69162
Now searching for a Hotel General Manager in Western Nebraska!
Our Hotel General Manager will oversee all aspects of our property according to our policies, procedures, and brand standards. He/she will monitor the performance of the hotel throughout the year along with actively participating in sales and marketing efforts. Our Hotel General Manager will monitor the hiring, training, and development of employees and subordinate Managers. The person in this Hotel General Manager role will manage our property’s overall financials, including revenue management, accounts payable/receivable, payroll, and cash handling. Answering guest questions/concerns along with resolving any complaints is a vital part of this Hotel General Manager position.
- Minimum of 3+ years current Hotel General Manager experience at a Limited Service Property
- Marriott-Branded experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- Outstanding oral, written, and communication skills
- Solid track record of business and customer development
- Strong background in reservation sales, yield & revenue management
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and development of hotel staff and Managers
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs essential
- Deep knowledge of HR requirements and regulatory agency requirements.
- Proven record of increasing all metrics, i.e. RevPar, GOP, GSS
Apply Today - Hotel General Manager in Sidney, Nebraska!
Prior Limited Service General Manager experience is required for this opening.
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.