Hotel General Manager New Property
Portland, OR 97201
Hotel General Manager
Are you a dynamic, passionate, hands-on and experienced Hotel General Manager? Here’ s your opportunity to work for a hotel located in Portland, OR. We a searching for an individual who has an eye for details and takes pride in what they do. Seeking an individual to join our hotel management team! This full-time position is responsible for a positive working environment, outstanding guest service, revenue generation, and cost control. Candidates applying should have 5+ years hospitality management experience with knowledge of operations in all areas of a hotel.
The Hotel General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the hotel operations, including creating and maintaining the highest level of guest satisfaction, developing a strong team of associates, and achieving financial and operational objectives which include driving results in a competitive market, and controlling costs.
Directs, coordinates, and assumes responsibility for activities of all phases of hotel operations including:
-sales and marketing
-maintenance/engineering and special projects
Looking for a Hotel General Manager who can showcase the company’ s values of Passion, Creativity and Style in daily interactions with the guests and employee’ s and become an ambassador for our property in Portland, OR.
Essential Duties/Personal Skills
- Develop and Monitor the annual budget and monitor all budgets, meeting monthly to compare budget and P&L with all department managers to ensure that budget targets are reached or exceeded whilst not diminishing service quality
- Be aware of market developments and competitor activity to ensure that the property is in line / ahead of the competition
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach
- Ability to organize multiple projects, manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Passion for guest service excellence
- Pro-active and result driven
- Proven track record of successful experience in full service hotel general management with a proven track record of solid, long-term employment history (independent boutique inn or destination hotel and fine-dining experience preferred)
- Solid record of financial responsibility and analytical ability
- Strong knowledge of computers and software including front office systems including software maintenance, report generation, audit and analysis, ability to use e-mail, Word, Excel and other spreadsheet software
If you would like to be considered for this position - Hotel General Manager in Portland, OR, email your resume to Michael Chamberlain Torres
Michael Chamberlain-Torres, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Michael Chamberlain-Torres joined Gecko Hospitality in 2014. He is a dedicated and diversely equipped hospitality professional. Michael has worked with the J.W. Marriott, Double Tree by Hilton, and Wingate by Wyndham hotels, holding leadership positions in both the Rooms and F&B Divisions. He aims to build lasting relationships with clients and to give back to the community.
To compliment his industry experience, Michael holds a BSBA from The University of Denver (Major: Hospitality Management). He is also a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) and Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP).
Hospitality and Tourism are both his personal and professional passions. He is an avid traveler who has visited over 50 countries. He enjoys cultural exchange, SCUBA, and gardening.
Michael assists Kevin Kalstad with our offices in the Pacific Northwest. He has been recognized by Gecko as a Top Performer on multiple occasions and is currently focusing on our Hotel/Resort/Private Club clients.