55 Commercial Street Gloucester, MA 01930 United States of America Gloucester, MA 01930
We are seeking a Hotel Manager for our 95-room full service, independent upscale hotel in Gloucester, MA. The ideal candidate will have strong Rooms, Front Desk and F&B experience, as well as be able to successfully oversee all Hotel Operations, by providing guidance and support to the operational Department Heads. In the absence of the Managing Director, the Hotel Manager will be accountable for directing and coordinating activities of the hotel to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations, maximizing its full potential with a balanced focus on guests, employees, product and profit.
Minimum of 2-4 years of previous Hotel Operations Management experience, with a combination of experience in restaurant operations, hotel operations, retail operations, and a firm understanding of sales, service and execution of weddings and conferences. Ideal candidates will have previous experience in a Director of Operations role.
- Manage the day to day hotel operations, in keeping with all company standards.
- Direct Department Heads, and other employee as necessary to keep all well versed in policies and procedures.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff through timely and complete communication of all items concerning their areas of supervision individually and department as a whole.
- Remain highly visible and readily available for guests at all times.
- Analyze with each department head their goals identified and the action steps to achieve them within the identified length of time.
- Manages all sources of revenue including the Rooms Division, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage and Retail Shop, while ensuring all departments are profitable.
- Manage the hotel through a hands-on approach, motivating employees, ensuring employee development and retention, and attending employee departmental meetings.
- Direct hotel actions to maximize profitability, increasing service levels.
- Protect the hotel and its assets through enforcing and maintaining a preventative maintenance program.
- Ensure a positive guest experience through quality and safety of the hotel product.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives.
- Must provide exemplary performance for the staff to follow.
- Ability to motivate and supervise a team.
- Familiarity with industry relevant PMS and POS systems, to include Aloha and RoomMaster.
- Demonstrated ability to work with maximum efficiency, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast paced and demanding environment while maintaining composure.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be self-directed, motivated and be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing. A second language is desirable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand for 8 hours’ length of time
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!