Hotel general manager /sales
Bowie, MD 20716
- Ensure full compliance to Hotel operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Ensures that all policies, procedures, federal, state, and local ordinances with regard to personnel, security, cash handling, guest relations, and safety are followed.
- Handle complaints, and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Participate in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales Plan and Capital Budget.
- Manage on-going profitability of the hotel, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Actively prospect for and pursue sales leads in the market, securing future bookings and clients for the hotel.
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the hotels and management.
- Deliver hotel budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- Developing improvement actions, carry out costs savings.
- Maximizing room yield and hotels / resort revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.