Human Resource Generalist
Honolulu, HI 96815
HR Generalist must have a broad knowledge of human resources functions, from hiring to onboarding and from employee compensation to evaluation. If you have a passion for HR, are familiar with labor law and look to have a successful experience in your career in the field, this is a great opportunity.
- Administer benefit plans (TDI, Workers Comp, etc.)
- Provide support to management in employee relations and resolve any issues that may arise
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Assist in the development and implementation of human resource policies
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire, and employee turnover rates
- Support employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Undertake tasks around performance review
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Proven experience as an HR Generalist
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. ADP) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving and critical thinking
- Work as a team with a results-driven approach
- BSc/BA in Business administration or relevant field
- Additional HR training will be a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Experience: Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
- Medical & Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee discounts
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Joe Shields joined Gecko Hospitality in 2018, recruiting with Franchise Partner Ed Crofton. Joe earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Bradley University. Joe has 35 years of experience in the hospitality industry as a General Manager, Managing Partner and District Manager for two restaurant companies. Most recently 18 years with Ruby Tuesday.
Joe has a vast experience and passion for the hospitality industry making him very successful in matching talented people in the right opportunity.
Joe has been married to his wife Mary for more than 30 years and is the proud father of grown twin boys. Joe is devoted to his church community and enjoys opportunities to serve.