Human Resource Manager
Honolulu, HI 96813
Human Resources Manager
Position Description: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development, administration, and coordination of all human resources functions with the objectives of providing a positive work environment that fosters hospitality, diversity and inclusion, and compliance with all employment regulations and applicable funder requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage human resources functions for 15 locations to maintain a diverse and engaged workforce;
- Drive recruiting, hiring, and onboarding;
- Maintain all personnel records in compliance with relevant rules and policies;
- In coordination with management, implement, monitor, and revise personnel policies that comply with the law and meet funder guidelines;
- Assist, support, advise, and train managers in resolving personnel problems and coach leaders and staff members to increase their effectiveness;
- Administer performance appraisal program;
- Support leadership’s employee retention efforts;
- Minimum - 5 years of experience as an HR Manager or similar capacity.
- Knowledge of Federal / state labor and insurance laws, rules and regulations.
- Employee relations & recruitment experience required.
- Critical thinker and effective problem solver.
- Highly organized with the ability to adapt and multi-task in a quick and constantly changing work environment.
- Proficient in English and be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- ADP Workforce now experience with emphasis on report writing - preferred.
- Able to travel on occasion to the outer islands.
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $60,000 DOE
- Recruitment: 3 years (Required)
- HR Manager: 5 years (Required)
- Employee Relations: 3 years (Required
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off & flexible schedule
Apply Now – Human Resource Manager located in Honolulu HI.
If you would like to be considered for this position, email us your resume
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Joe Shields joined Gecko Hospitality in 2018, recruiting with Franchise Partner Ed Crofton. Joe earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Bradley University. Joe has 35 years of experience in the hospitality industry as a General Manager, Managing Partner and District Manager for two restaurant companies. Most recently 18 years with Ruby Tuesday.
Joe has a vast experience and passion for the hospitality industry making him very successful in matching talented people in the right opportunity.
Joe has been married to his wife Mary for more than 30 years and is the proud father of grown twin boys. Joe is devoted to his church community and enjoys opportunities to serve.