Human Resources Director
105 5th St, Coralville, IA 52241 Coralville, IA 52241 US
Human Resources Director
Now Hiring in Coralville!
We are the largest and best-known fast food chains in the world, with locations across the globe. How have we maintained our standing as one of the best companies to work for in the entire restaurant industry? We emphasize the importance of not just outstanding customer service, but equally outstanding quality of food. Additionally, we have focused on developing our Management staff. We aim to bring in the best Managers to our company, but also emphasize growth from within. Many of our upper Management worked their way up the ranks.
Title of Position: Human Resources Director
Job Description: The Human Resources Director will be responsible for providing support to our restaurants along with our HR department. He/She will actively source candidates for our restaurants, create/update job postings, write offer letter to potential employees, and work with the field to assist with on-boarding new employees. The Human Resources Director will work within the department to assist on matters relating to benefits, compensation/payroll issues, workers’ compensation, and performance management. Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local labor & safety laws is an essential part of this position and knowledge of these laws is required for this Human Resources Director role.
- 3-5 years of HR Manager experience with a restaurant company
- HR Management experience in the Hospitality industry preferred
- Professional certification (SHRM-CP/PHR) a plus
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal laws & regulations concerning employment (discrimination, harassment, wages, etc.)
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, from Executive-level to hourly-level
- Computer proficiency and experience in converting hard copy files into more efficient systems
Apply now - Human Resources Director in Coralville, Iowa!
Tara Gates, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Tara Gates joined the Gecko Hospitality team as a Restaurant Recruiter in 2014. As a Recruiter, Tara has been very successful in connecting top talent candidates with successful corporate restaurants. She has mastered the craft of engaging candidates on a personal level, coordinating interviews with the clients, as well as determining the hiring needs and fulfilling the position with candidates that excel expectations set forth by the client. She attributes this to her 20+ years of experience managing different types of restaurant settings from privately owned upscale facilities, banquet, to casual corporate environments.
In addition to being a Recruiter, Tara is an adventurous risk taker and thrill seeker and has a passion for living on the edge. She enjoys four wheeling, rock climbing, white water rafting and traveling. Tara attended Penn State University and was an All Star Track and Cross Country runner.