Human Resources Generalist â Benefits Specialist
Downey, CA 90241
Growing Restaurant Group - Apply Today!
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 + Benefits Package
We’ve become a legendary name in the Southern California market. We’re a Café featuring an array of baked goods, cakes, a coffee bar, and more! Though we have several locations, each of our stores is unique to the community they are situated in. With the amount of volume we do per year, we’re on the lookout for individuals that have high volume background and want a new challenge in their career. We’re opening a couple more locations in the next several months and are seeking dynamic individuals to take us to the next level.
Job Description: This Human Resource Generalist role is primarily focused on managing the Benefits functions in the HR Department. Working closely with our Director of HR, they will ensure our company is in compliance with all federal, state, and local employment & benefits laws and regulations relating to health plans, 401k, ACA, etc. Specific knowledge and experience with ACA compliance is desired. The Benefits Specialist will respond to employee and management questions/concerns about all matters relating to benefits. This individual will review, process, and maintain all benefit enrollments and changes in our Payroll/HRIS system. Developing and maintaining our Affirmative Action program along with filing EEO-1 reports are another important part of the Benefits Specialist role. The person in this Benefits Specialist role will work with our restaurants to ensure compliance with Worker’ s Compensation procedures along with researching & investigating safety incidents and ways to avoid any further issues. Our HR Generalist must be quick to respond to employee relation issues (i.E. Harassment allegations, employee complaints, etc.) and respond to any EEOC or NLRB charges if they arise.
- 2-3 years of proven human resources, specifically Benefits Administration
- Candidate must have corporate restaurant experience to be considered for this position
- ADP Workforce Now experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal laws & regulations concerning employment (discrimination, harassment, wages, etc.)
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, from Executive-level to hourly-level
- Computer proficiency and experience in converting hard copy files into more efficient systems
Apply Today - Human Resource Generalist located in Downey, California!