Kitchen Manager | Upscale Full-Service Concept | Salary up to $70K!
Clive, IA 50325 US
Kitchen Manager, Upscale Restaurant, Paying up to $70K!
Scratch Kitchen in Clive Iowa
- As a Kitchen Manager, you will help lead the way in our fast-paced, high-volume, scratch kitchen, driving the culinary execution of our uniquely inspired menu, that is thoughtfully paired with our wines. You will partner closely with the Executive Kitchen Manager to drive operational excellence and growth while coaching and inspiring our team members to ensure high food quality and a first-class guest experience. Must have 3 years of Kitchen Management experience in a Full-service Scratch Kitchen. Must understand how budgets are impacted and how to control spending, set sensible par levels, proficient in product ordering and inventory as well as hiring and training.
- Must have the ability to work 50-60 hours per week
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends and some holidays.
To express interest and want to hear more, send your resume to email@example.com
- Oversee 1-2 departments including dish, prep, and/or line
- Adhere to policies and manage assigned operating systems
- Ensure collaboration between kitchen and front-of-house operations
- Represent company values and create a respectful and cohesive work environment
- Manage people by:
- Participating in hourly kitchen team member hiring
- Training and verifying team members adhere to dish and/or prep standards
- Being responsible for understanding and balancing labor needs
- Lead department meetings and coach team members
- Be accountable for prep and line knowledge to maximize financial and operational results
- Help execute the new menu and system roll-out and kitchen initiatives
- Assist in executing private events, including monthly themed Wine Club dinners
- Assist in maximizing financial and operational results and helping with weekly inventory, as needed
- Effectively operate computer systems including a POS System, Online Team Member Scheduler, Inventory/Ordering software, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment and uphold food safety standards
- Maintains a professional image by adhering to guidelines listed in the Team Member Handbook
- Other duties as assigned
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Insurance plus Telemedicine and Wellness Program
- Company Matching 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Accounts- Health and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account
- Long-Term Disability; Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance (with the option to purchase additional coverage)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Highly Competitive Pay plus Team Member Incentives & Rewards
- Paid Time Off
- Milestones Recognition Program
To apply, send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Your Recruiter
Marty Tarabar is a Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for 7 states. starting with Gecko in 2005, Marty has forged relationships with candidates and clients, connecting their needs and visions. He has brought on, trained and developed a strong team of recruiters to support his franchise territories.
Marty started dishwashing at the local diner was his way of financing his many travels. As a Boy Scout, Marty traveled to Japan, Israel and across the United States twice before the age of 17. Starting as a fry cook while in college, he went on to work for regional and national restaurant groups as a General Manager, Training General Manager and a District Manager. Marty also worked as a Food Service Manager for Genuardi Family Markets, a division of Safeway.
As a member of the Pennsylvania Restaurant & Lodging Association, he’s done seminars for restaurant owners across the state.
After many years on the road, Marty and his wife, Jill, settled in beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where they are enjoying the life of empty nesters. He enjoys trips to see his grandson in the St Louis area and helps his wife at Fine Arts and Craft Shows to support her stained-glass business.
Since leaving operations Marty has much more time to devote to many activities with his synagogue and home improvement projects. He is a lifetime Red Cross Blood Donor (over 80 pints donated so far) and regularly volunteers his cooking skills for charitable events.