Victoria, BC v8x 1j8
Join our popular Family Friendly chain of restaurants!
Kitchen Managers are responsible for:
· Promoting a passion for, and knowledge about, food within kitchen and service staff and the management team
· Recruitment, training and development, scheduling and performance management of kitchen staff
· Developing and participating in a positive working environment and maintaining open communication between management and staff, and between front of the house and back of the house staff
· Ensuring all standards and policies are followed, including those related to food safety, food preparation, timing, cleanliness, and health and safety
· Achieving financial targets related to the back of the house, including food and labour cost
· Previous kitchen experience, supervisory experience preferred
· Passion for food and commitment to quality
· Strong attention to detail and eye for presentation
· Conceptual understanding of restaurant controls and financial statements
· A thorough understanding of Food Safe and WCB requirements
· A proven record of training and developing a team
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· High energy and a winning attitude
· Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
· Red Seal designation is an asset, not a requirement
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Danica Bennett has worked in the restaurant industry for 18 years. She started working full time at a young age and quickly fell in love with the industry. She considers herself extremely lucky to have been recruiting within the food service industry since 2010 and looks forward to meeting new people every day.
Danica supports Greg Bozek and Tim Stanton in British Columbia, Alberta and Upstate New York.