Lead Cook $22-$24 Hourly
Yucaipa, CA 92399 US
Lead Cook – Job Description
Supervisor: Kitchen Manager and Operations and Facility Director
To fulfill our mission by maintaining and cleaning our camp kitchen and preparing delicious satisfying meals to our guests that foster an
enjoyable camp experience. The Lead Cook assists the Kitchen Manager in all aspects in the kitchen. In addition, the Lead Cook assists in training, and coaching of kitchen staff as per guidelines of the company. They are responsible for overseeing maintenance of all equipment used in the kitchen. They are responsible for ensuring we provide the highest level of guest service and that our standards are met and maintained at all times. With a combination of a passion for the job and the right communication with other departments, they have the ability and empowerment to make the guest’s experience more than memorable. Our Lead Cook must have a positive and professional upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- A heart to serve.
- Passion for cooking and serving.
- Attitude of never-ending service, enthusiasm, taking initiative, willingness to learn,
- integrity, and flexibility.
- A team player and a self-starter, Exceptional interpersonal skills to enhance the service
- standards throughout the camp.
- Excellent communication, guest service and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in an innovative, fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- In-depth knowledge of process and methods of food preparation and beverage service.
- Extensive knowledge of managing and handling diverse kitchen staff.
- Knowledge of guest relation management and customer service.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment to solve personnel and
- production issues.
- In-depth knowledge of using and maintaining kitchen equipment like knives, dish
- machines, slice, refrigerator and stoves.
- Ability to stand for long hours and tolerate kitchen temperatures.
Reporting to the Kitchen Manager, the Lead Cook contributes to guest comfort and ensures the
high quality standards of food production and service.
• Successful completion of San Bernardino County Food Safety Training Program training program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Kitchen Manager with preparing and cooking meals.
- Cuts, prepares and cooks food.
- In depth knowledge of using and maintaining kitchen equipment, like knives, dish
- machines, slicer, stoves, griddles, refrigerator and stoves.
- Cleans and organizes kitchen area as well as walk-in and freezer.
- Maintained communication with cooks to ensure proper assembly of food orders
- Follows and enforces company policies, kitchen procedures and sanitation guidelines.
- Runs kitchen in absence of Kitchen Manager.
- Assists with training staff.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Performs dining room set up.
- Assist in receiving and unloading of merchandise. Take stock to storage or shelf areas.
- Keep Kitchen Manager informed of low inventory conditions or spoilage problems.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy and assist in
- controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Supervise the cleanliness of dish room, pot sinks, employee kitchen bathrooms and related
- Assist in other areas of the camp as needed, such as setting up the fire circle, staffing
- paintball, kitchen, and challenge course activities, etc.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Greet all guests and provide them with prompt and courteous service or assistance.
- Learn and adhere to all fire, earthquake and emergency procedures, including procedures
- for handling of the fire panel, ensuring guest safety and participate in an evacuation if
- To ensure on all occasions you observe safe and hygienic working practices in order to satisfy Health and Safety at Work and other statutory legislation.
• Ability to lift 60lbs, bend, squat, and tolerate standing for long hours and tolerate kitchen temperatures.