National Director of Sales
Cranston, RI 02920
The National Director of Sales (NDOS) is responsible for effectively soliciting and booking business from market segments with 35 group rooms or more with or without meeting space. The position is responsible for prospecting and closing business for our entire portfolio or maybe specifically assigned to solicit and book business for specific hotels as designated by hotel needs. This position will report to the VP of Sales & Marketing. The NDOS position will carry a group sales booking quota of two million in annual revenue from group rooms, meeting room rental and catering.
The NDOS will prospect their group and meeting clients individually and be responsible for total account development. He/she can maximize sales opportunities/revenue from existing accounts in Delphi, SalesPro, STS or CI that have not been prospected by an existing in-house seller in the past six months. We supply group and meeting membership directories such as MPI, Helms Briscoe, etc.… for prospecting. Occasionally, in times of short staffing at a property, responding to incoming hotel leads maybe required.
This position works collaboratively with the on-property DOS and the revenue manager of the specific hotel the business is being placed in. Upon sourcing a piece of business, the NDOS will place the piece of business in the hotels sales system and price per the given guidelines of the hotel. If the budget of the piece of business is outside the hotels’ perimeters, the NDOS will contact the property’s DOS and RM for approval of profitable pricing or turndown. The NDOS will be responsible for prospecting, quoting, closing, contracting and creating high level BEO’s and group resume shells before turning the piece of business over to a designated hotel team member at the hotel for full detailing and execution of the group or meeting. The NDOS will participate in a weekly sales meeting via conference call with the VP of Sales to review accounts and progress. When assigned to sell for specific hotels, participation in the hotels weekly sales meeting maybe required.
The NDOS is responsible for establishing a separate designated workspace as a home office and furnishing the home office with necessary furniture and equipment. We will provide a laptop and charger, cell phone and reasonable office supplies to include paper, toner, files and binders.
The NDOS position is full time Monday – Friday. Weekends and evenings maybe required as business levels merit. Occasional travel maybe required based on the client needs.
Position will be a compensated with salary plus bonus. Full benefits include insurance, paid time off and 401K
- Represent our brand by soliciting, negotiating and contracting with persons requiring group accommodations with or without meeting space and/or on-site catering.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals and revenue goals
- Be familiar with all of our brand’s sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and average daily rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough sales presentation of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property
- Use the property's computerized sales management system to manage the hotel's business, including entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST)
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events as needed and approved by the VPOSM
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections as necessary and appropriate
- Engage in outside sales activities to discuss business opportunities and entertain customers in local and assigned markets (percentage of travel dependent on specific market and hotel).
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in conference center or large full-service hotel sales
- Multi brand experience with Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG and Wyndham is preferred
- Familiarity with selling all market segments is preferred but will consider market specific candidates
- Experience with Delphi, SalesPro, STS and CI is preferred
- Role will be based out of our corporate office in Cranston, RI.
- Excellent sales and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage many tasks simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of office technology/equipment
- Exceptional client service skills to exceed expectations
- Punctual, dependable and dedicated to achieving excellence in a home office environment
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!