Now Hiring a Maintenance Manager in the Outer Banks.
Raeigh NC, 27601 Raleigh, NC 27601 US
This position does not offer a relocation package. We are looking for someone that owns a vacation home and is looking to move and live full time in the Outer Banks
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the property is in excellent physical and safe condition. They are responsible for overseeing and directing work performed by the maintenance team through coaching and providing strategic direction to department team members and leaders. The Maintenance Manager will provide professional expertise in all areas of facilities management. The Manager will work in partnership with team and other property leaders to implement high impact practices and programs designed to maximize results. Embrace and lead through a culture of coaching and accountability, and remain focused on our mission to offer the best possible experience we can for both our guests and our employees.
Leadership & Team Member Engagement
- Drive and influence people processes (performance, development, and career) to ensure that leader and team members’ level of performance and capabilities meet current and future standards.
- Develop and promote feedback mechanisms for leaders and team members to influence continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the Maintenance department is appropriately staffed and work is scheduled appropriately.
- Interact regularly with team members to seek out their feedback on overall engagement and leadership support.
- Assist in guiding leadership team members in ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures, local state, and federal laws and government regulations pertaining to employment practices. Ensure that we are operating in accordance with all standards.
- Develop, motivate and evaluate Maintenance leadership team. Recommend and approve wage increases, promotions, evaluation ratings and other employment actions for facility leadership team.
- Direct routine and preventative maintenance, cleaning and inspection of grounds, buildings, structures, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, HVAC equipment and other facility components.
Facility repair maintenance and project management:
- Analyze, assess and recommend solutions to address facility concerns.
- Oversee of the tracking and maintaining of the work order system and ensuring that property issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Prioritize work load based on urgency and business needs and organize daily work load appropriately.
- Create and manage schedule of projects for all Maintenance and Housing Maintenance projects.
- Follow up to ensure that work has been completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the business strategy by helping identify, prioritize, and build and/or recommend improvements in facility and project management.
- Prepare and execute department operating budget.
- Create and maintain a source of regular vendors and get bids for all outsourced work.
- Ensure that the maintenance team has the tools, resources and training to operate in a manner that champions our values and supports ethical business practices.
- Manages ongoing property projects ensuring high quality work that is kept on budget and completed timely.
- Responsible for ensuring effective purchasing practices for materials, tools and products.
- Responsible for leading regularly scheduled maintenance management meetings and meetings with members of the property executive team to ensure effective communication pertaining to key projects and initiatives.
- Prepare and communicate a strategic plan on running and maintaining all aspects of the property.
- Maintain departmental employee records and process all payroll functions.
- Organize, schedule and oversee all inspections necessary to run the operation (fire system, alarm system, AC, pools, et al).
- Review and approve and process all maintenance invoices.
- 5+ years of leadership experience in Resort Facilities/or operational roles with a proven track record of improving overall business results through effective leadership and continuous improvement.
- Experience in hospitality, retail, entertainment or other consumer-driven service business is highly preferred; experience in a 24/7 environment, preferred.
- Professional expertise running a resort facility.
- Must have experience developing strategies to support, develop and engage a diverse workforce.
- Must be a hands-on professional with strong operations skills, and exhibits a strong sense of urgency in exceeding company goals and objectives.
- Regulations: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 5 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality Facilities Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Eric Garland began his twenty year career in the hospitality industry while attending college. His career started as a Bellman with the Garden Plaza Hotel and he was quickly promoted to Front Office Manager soon after graduating. He enjoyed being involved in the renovation and conversion of the Garden Plaza to Doubletree by Hilton. He earned several Hilton certifications including System 21/On Q and Revenue Manager. Eric accelerated his career with some of the top brands in the hotel industry, advancing through the ranks as an Executive Housekeeper, Director of Sales, Assistant General Manager and then rapidly to General Manager! He enjoyed moving up with the companies and making great contributions. Recruiting for hotels is natural for Eric!