Bala Cynwyd, PA 19003
- Hold a weekly meeting with the general manager and the senior shift leader to cover the weekly agenda starting with the weekly financial packet and the sales vs. labor sheet.
- Evaluate the general manager on the starting 5 evaluations for the general manager and give them a score and areas of improvement monthly.
- Assist the general manager in recruiting, hiring, training, and terminating team members.
- Communicate regularly with the general managers to follow up with how the store is doing daily and to make sure that the general manager knows that he/she has support and assistance in strategic planning to meet GM and store goals and budgets. Always be reachable by phone for the general manager to assistant them in their needs and for general advice.
- Use resources, either people, feedback, or necessary tools, to make their work more efficient and to make them more successful in their work. Review positive and negative experiences to assist them in improving in their work.
- Hold the general manager accountable to the standard operations and procedures of the company. To be candidate with the general manager and to be aware of violations that need to be cured. Follow up with weekly and daily objectives given.
- Give the general manager quarterly objectives to work towards for follow up management and for their reviews
- Report to the operations manager and/or owner daily on store items.
- At least 3 years of management experience in multi-unit restaurants.
- Good Communication skills and ability to discuss and understand financial reports and budgets.
- Good multi-tasking abilities and problem-solving abilities.
- To be a good listener and able to give sound advice to resolve issues.
- Good Understanding of quick serve food businesses.
- Be able to travel to several locations to hold management meetings at the same time every week and for feedback from store observations.
- Be organized, be attention to detail oriented, and consistent with assistance and follow up.
Bob Backus, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Bob Backus started his career with Gecko Hospitality in June of 2012. Prior to Gecko, Bob was in restaurant operation as a lead manager for a growing national franchise. As an experienced Senior Executive Recruiter, he has helped shape the success of Gecko Hospitality in Eastern PA market. Throughout his tenure, he has a demonstrated history of effectively transforming people lives. He is a professional who specializes in listening to people and honing in on their wants and needs. He is a 5 time recipient of the Gecko Sales Achievement Award and is licensed by the National Association of Professional Services as a Certified Professional Consultant (CPC). Bob and his wife have two beautiful children, and live in Bucks County.
Bob recruits for Philadelphia, the Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and all surrounding areas east of the Susquehanna including Williamsport and Selinsgrove.
“Bob was honest and great to work with during the whole process! Found me work within a weeks time.” - Dan W.
“It was a great experience and Bob Backus had a lot of opportunities for me.” -David W.
“From start to finish, working with Bob was a great experience. He was right there to help through the entire process. I would recommend him and Gecko to anyone serious about finding what they are truly looking for in their career.” -Chris H.
“Bob was fantastic, he was very helpful, involved in every part of the process. Showed genuine care, I would recommend Gecko Hospitality to friends or family members.”-Paul B
“Hiring for the Philadelphia area has been a positive experience." -Mad Mex
“Gecko Eastern PA team work hard to fill our open positions.” -Paxos Restaurant Group