Outside Sales Manager
10 Dunham Avenue Celoron, NY 14720 Celoron, NY 14720 US
We are seeking an Outside Sales Manager to Join our Sales Team within our 135-Room full service luxury hotel on the shores of beautiful Chautauqua Lake in Celoron, NY. Our Outside Sales Manager will be responsible for actively gaining and securing new business for the property, as well as penetrating existing clients for new opportunities. Ideal candidates will have previous hotel sales experience however, relevant hospitality sales experience (i.e. restaurant, resort, casino or country club) will be considered. Represent the hotel and company to customers, the public and other external sources. This Manager is responsible for finalizing group business while maximizing the conference space to meet/exceed sales goals. Marker the group’s hotel’s through sales calls, sales blitzes and sales programs to foster and promote hotel patronage by performing the following duties.
Celoron, New York
$65,000 - $75,000 + 20%
(Includes the following; however, other duties may be assigned)
- As the sales manager you will solicit, negotiate and book new/repeat business via outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings and networking. Responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned market. List to the customer needs; analyze the information and create tailored proposals.
- Negotiate and close sales while meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- Impress customers with tailored proposals, providing quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner; work close with the Hotel General Manager and Sales Team.
- As a representative of the company and the hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers.
- Knowledge of market, positioning of the hotel, amenities, trends, demand times, booking patterns and events in the market.
- Convey a strong believe in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- Research and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking.
- Research each customer’s business, hospitality needs, identify who to speak with and how to get the sale closed. Monitor customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Identify new business opportunities for the hotel including reaching out to local businesses staying abreast of local events.
- Represent the company at trade association meetings to promote the hotel.
- Aggressively engage in creating networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business. Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs. Negotiate terms, reconcile differences; developing contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise. Recognize customer loyalty; Sell up and sell hotel services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives.
- After securing business, deliver a high level of customer service with key decision makers, solve customer problems, meet commitments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs. As appropriate, meet the customer at the event; ensure proper set-up and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for completion of required sales reports and reporting process, maintain accurate up-to-date records of all sales and transactions, providing management with accurate information, comply with corporate policies as well as quality standards.
- Oversee preparation of a weekly report in ACT as well as future appointments schedule.
- Prepare quarterly KRAs.
- Oversee and direct the property trace system. Supervise LNR and other rates.
- Oversee and assist in completing and submission of a comprehensive Marketing Plan by October 31st of each year. Plan to submit to the General Manager for approval and then forwarded to the Corporate Office.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Must have the ability to communicate in English; self -starting personality with an even disposition and maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Ability to stand for long periods, good knowledge of proper bending, stooping, and lifting up to 35 pounds. Exercise care when walking on wet floors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure of something.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the company and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!