- The Pastry Chef directly supervises a team of employees in the Culinary Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- The Pastry Chef prepares daily pastry items including desserts, wedding cakes, showpieces, chocolates, petit fours and other pastries such as artisan breads and rolls through the use of the highest quality ingredients.
- Ensure quality food production and perform daily market requirements.
- The Pastry Chef maintains exceptional product knowledge and attention to detail with decoration and taste quality.
- Prepare daily food items using quality control according to required RP Culinary established standards and recipes.
- The ability to create new recipes utilizing classical and modern techniques.
- The Pastry Chef must strive to meet state required Food Safety Guidelines and Cleaning Standards as well as wear proper uniform attire at all times.
- The Pastry Chef assists in setting up buffets and plate banquet functions.
- The Pastry Chef communicates with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met, coordinate menu tastings and pre-meal meetings to educate staff on food taste and preparation methods as directed by the Executive Chef, work in the assigned station.
- Attend daily, weekly and/or monthly communication meetings.
- Organizational skills, multitasking, the delegation of assignments to the team.
- Able to manage multiple parties and private events.
- Ability to work in a high-paced work environment.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or degree from an accredited culinary institute.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a quality high volume premium private club, quality hotel or fine dining restaurant.
- Able to work holidays and weekends.
- Must be in compliance with and actively support a drug-free workplace.
- Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Teladoc, Aflac)
- 401K (with a percentage match)
- Drug-free workplace
- Highly competitive salary
Jeremy Nichols, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Jeremy Nichols started his recruiting career in 2000 with international retail giant H&M. Based in NY, he helped open one of their first stores in the US. After a few years in operations he soon joined the US expansion team. With this role, he traveled the US and was responsible for the recruitment and hiring for emerging markets along the East Coast and throughout the Midwest.
In 2008 Jeremy joined the nation’s largest franchisee of Panera Bread, Covelli Enterprises. As the Director of Recruiting, Jeremy’s focus was on the Greater Tampa Bay market including the Gainesville, Ocala and The Villages area. Jeremy hired management and catering personnel for 30 locations. Additionally, he was responsible for the staffing of new locations as well as filling upper management positions in their corporate support office.
Jeremy has a true passion for recruiting. The relationships and connections that are made with each placement are what motivate Jeremy to find that perfect match for both candidate and employer.