Regional Chef â Chinese / Dim Sum Restaurant Group
Irvine, CA 92618
Regional Chef – Chinese / Dim Sum Restaurant Group
Growing Company - Immediate Need
Salary: $78,000 - $85,000 + Benefits and Bonus
Ten years ago, two highly regarded Chefs in the Far East came together to open their first restaurant. What started as a humble, hole-in-the-wall restaurant quickly turned into a popular concept, and we have been growing ever since, earning accolades everywhere we’ve gone, including our recent expansion into the United States. Every detail is paid attention to when crafting each item on the menu, not just to taste delicious but to be as authentic as our first restaurant. The group who has the rights to build out the U.S. market now has 6 locations open, with more coming soon.
Job Description: We're on the hunt for a Regional Chef based in the Irvine area. Our Regional Chef should ensure all food standards are upheld and proper recipe and plate presentation is 100%. This position will be based out of the Irvine location, and have additional management responsibilities for 5 other locations in New York, Las Vegas, and Houston. This person will oversee the costing of recipes, development of flavor profiles, and execution of Chef training.
The Regional Chef will make sure our restaurants are in compliance with local, state, and federal health safety laws. Additionally, the person in this Regional Chef role will be responsible for providing leadership in strategic planning, development and execution of menu marketing plans. Our Regional Chef must be comfortable with traveling, as we have several locations across the United States. The ability to keep our high standards intact and keep the local community engaged both in and off season is a vital part of the Regional Chef role.
- 100% company paid for the employee; the whole family can be covered for about $100 per month total
- Competitive Compensation
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick Day
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive Chef/Back of the House Management experience
- 2-3 years of current Multi-Unit Kitchen Manager/Chef experience with a Full Service or Upscale Casual concept
- Dim Sum and Chinese restaurant Experience required
- English and Chinese Bi-Lingual (Mandarin or Cantonese) Preferred
- Willing and able to travel as extensively
- Outstanding culinary knowledge and ability to teach skills to subordinates
- Strong track record of developing, implementing, and maintaining recipes and food consistency
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage costs, labor costs, and product cost management
- Ability to provide leadership and training for our Back of the House Managers
- Background in developing cost conscious recipes and menus
- Culinary Degree a plus
Apply Today - Regional Chef in Irvine, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.