Resort General Manager - West Texas Ranch
97139 US Hwy 67 Marfa, Texas 79843 Marfa, TX 79843
Resort General Manager
Remote West Texas Ranch
Our company is in search of a General Manager with the ability to stay organized and manage a large team of professionals. If this sounds like the General Manager career you would like, Apply Today for our location in west Texas as this dream career will not last long! Located in West Texas, our property has a strong historical and cultural identification, with 3 historical adobe forts, thousands of acres to roam, and old-world accommodations. Enjoy countless excursions and adventures as you travel back in time to the rural 1800’s. If you are a General Manager looking for a new and exciting career, Apply today at our location in west Texas!
Title of Position: General Manager
Job Description: The General Manager will be responsible for the oversight, management and continued growth of this very unique resort that caters to a luxury clientele, with a staff of approximately 50, most of whom are Spanish speaking. The General Manager role especially requires vigorous building of revenues through increasing capacity utilization and continued growth in the guest use of outdoor activities. Considerable experience in web-based and social media marketing are nearly essential. There is limited on-property employee housing, so working productively with the local population is a priority. In addition to maximizing revenue, the General Manager must standardize operating procedures, stimulate a high level of quality guest service and develop staff.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Bonus Program
- Life Insurance
- The General Manager must 5 years of experience as General Manager or Director of Hotel Operations plus additional background as Director of Sales & Marketing in the hospitality industry; luxury resort experience is required
- The General Manager must have 5 plus years’ experience in a hospitality role, 3-5 years’ experience in F&B, plus prior staff management experience
- The General Manager must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management capacity at a remote property
- Knowledge of Internet marketing strategy and implementation is a requirement for the General Manager
- The General Manager must have a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or related field
- Spanish speaking skills a plus for the General Manager
Apply Now – General Manager located in west Texas
If you would like to be considered for this position, email your resume to Chris Jensen.
Chris Jensen, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Christopher Jensen is the Hospitality Franchise partner for North Texas. Christopher partners directly with Hotels, Resorts, and Country Clubs throughout North Texas. Christopher has experience recruiting for a variety of positions including President/COO, General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Sales, and Assistant General Manager, just to name a few.
Before joining forces with Gecko, Christopher spent over 20 years working in the Hospitality Industry. During his tenure with Gecko, Christopher has taken his extensive industry knowledge along with his professional, yet highly competitive mindset and has successfully put it to work for multiple clients.
“When it comes to partnering with clients, I like to visit with them on-site and in-person. This gives me the opportunity to meet the team and learn the culture. Armed with this knowledge, I apply a finely tuned process to ensure that I am only sending candidates that the client wants to hire.”