Restaurant General Manager
409 - 88 Blue Jays Way Toronto, ON M5V 0L7 CA
RESTAURANT GENERAL MANAGER
High-volume format blending modern dining with upbeat sophisticated lounge environment. Dynamic, upscale dining experience with the superior quality
Restaurant General Manager who can create productive working atmospheres and hire, development and mentor passionate restaurant employees who are committed to the company’s success. Restaurant General Manager is responsible for the overall performance, establishing benchmarks for management teams and implementing policies and programs that will help those teams achieve their goals. General Manager will regularly collaborate with Regional Directors, Operation Managers to develop initiative and execute plans to help meet or exceed company goals.
- Monitor the P&L reports, evaluate performance and company projections
- Prioritize restaurant performance issues to make certain that the issues most directly affecting profitability are addressed first
- Immediately address any lapses in compliance with corporate policies
- Act as a coach and as a resource to each employee to help inspire the success
- 2-4+ years’ experience in Large Volume FSR Management 3M+
- Minimum 2+ years consecutive employment with all previous employers
- Proven ability to generate profits and drive sales
- Strong interpersonal communication and negotiations skills
- Ability to create and implement strong training programs
- Ability to overcome negativity and open to new ideas.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Base compensation 65 - 80K
- Lucrative Bonus Program
- Opportunities for professional development and advancement
- Health Benefits
- Paid Vacation
Apply Now- Restaurant General Manager located in Toronto area
All applicants will be considered but unfortunately only qualified candidates will be contacted. send resume to scotts @geckohospitality.com
Scott Sinclair, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Scott Sinclair has been in the hospitality business for over 25 years and has worked in both restaurants and the hotel & resort industry. In his tenure, he has opened several properties across Canada and conducted operational needs to promote market hire and develop and ensuring long-term profitability for properties that include Fairmont Hotels, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, and Moxie’s.
His experience has led him to be an expert in recruitment, building and motivating companies’ most valued assets -their people. Understanding the challenges hospitality professionals face in their day-to-day work life, along with understanding what companies are looking for and deserve in their future leaders, Scott forms a strong partnership with our clients in the Ontario market and has a passion for connecting great candidates with great companies.