Restaurant Manager - GM Potential
Ottawa, ON K2E 5N7 CA
- Overseeing team performance: You will be responsible for monitoring and evaluating the performance of the restaurant staff, ensuring that they meet the expected standards and providing feedback for improvement.
- Handling team conflicts: As a Restaurant Manager, you will be responsible for resolving any conflicts or issues within the team, promoting a positive work environment, and fostering teamwork.
- Streamlining operations: You will be tasked with optimizing restaurant operations to ensure efficiency, including coordinating food preparation, managing inventory, and maintaining cleanliness and hygiene standards.
- Hiring and training: It will be your responsibility to hire qualified staff members, conduct training programs, and provide ongoing support and guidance to ensure their success in their roles.
- Budget management: As a Restaurant Manager, you will be expected to manage the restaurant's budget by monitoring expenses, controlling costs, and implementing strategies to maximize profitability.
- Initial training of 6 weeks at our flagship location in Toronto (Hotel provided)
- Minimum of 2 years of fast-casual restaurant management experience.
- Passion for developing and mentoring people.
- Proven track record of achieving financial results.
- A high degree of honesty, integrity, and a guest-oriented philosophy.
- Open availability to accommodate the restaurant's operational needs.
- Competitive starting salary 55-58K
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- RRSP program.
- Paid time off.
Meet Your Recruiter
Scott Sinclair, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Scott Sinclair has been in the hospitality business for over 25 years and has worked in both restaurants and the hotel & resort industry. In his tenure, he has opened several properties across Canada and conducted operational needs to promote market hire and develop and ensuring long-term profitability for properties that include Fairmont Hotels, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, and Moxie’s.
His experience has led him to be an expert in recruitment, building and motivating companies’ most valued assets -their people. Understanding the challenges hospitality professionals face in their day-to-day work life, along with understanding what companies are looking for and deserve in their future leaders, Scott forms a strong partnership with our clients in the Ontario market and has a passion for connecting great candidates with great companies.