6 Rowe Square, Gloucester MA 01930 Gloucester, MA 01930
- Assist in leading the daily operation of the restaurant, while directing day-to-day activities and assignments of the front of the house team.
- Hire, train, evaluate and schedule restaurant staff in accordance with the standards of the company and guidelines.
- Organize and assist with conducting pre-shift and departmental meetings, communicating information to the team members, such as menu changes.
- Assist with scheduling team members, to ensure proper coverage.
- Work seamlessly and in tandem with the team to create memorable experiences for our guests.
- Accurately execute all policies with improvement to quality, service and operations.
- Engage in ongoing development of the front of the house team, while holding the team accountable for maintaining service.
- Must be present on the floor during peak business periods, visiting tables during the customer’s visit.
- Create an environment of engagement for team members, while being a liaison between team members and management.
- Practice and ensure cleanliness and safety in all dining areas, liquor and wine storage areas.
- Monitor employee performance and issues, to effectively coach and counsel team members.
- Support the company’s philosophy and company culture, by ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective communication with the team.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with maximum efficiency, accuracy and full attention to detail
- Requires a working knowledge of Full-Service restaurant operations.
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound logic and judgement in evaluating situations and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Ability to effectively lead and work cohesively as part of a team.
Brian Blum, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Brian Blum is the franchise partner for Gecko Hospitality in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont and he is an active member of NAPS. Brian's ability to educate and assist restaurant leaders with their employment decisions while sticking to his values of honesty and respect and his mantra of "people work for people", have set him apart from the competition. Organizations now more than ever are looking for top talent and Brian's ability to bring together talented Restaurant Managers, Chefs and Directors with his contacts at both National and independent Restaurant companies have made him one of the most sought-after recruiters in the industry. Brian is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and has experience as Restaurant General Manager and Area Director for both corporate and independent restaurants groups.