Santa Clara, CA 95050 US
Santa Clara, CA
Up to $75,000
Front of House Managers manage the restaurant on a day to day basis. Their focus is on the operation, which consists of managing the brand, ensuring service meets the brand, managing inventories, controlling costs as it relates to product and labor to ensure budgets are met.
- Positive and professional attitude
- Extraordinary customer service skills
- Strong communication and ability to work cohesively with all levels of management, all departments, and all co-workers in a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times:
- Regarding all propriety information, including but not limited to sales and labor metrics, financials, recipes, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Regarding all employee-related issues
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision, attention to detail and speed
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attend all management meetings (daily camera meetings, weekly meetings, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is staffed and set up for business, ensuring not to exceed the labor budget and posting the schedule 10 days in advance of the start of the schedule week
- Ensure all company checklists are completed according to the assigned schedules (opening checklist, closing checklist, temperature checklist, etc.)
- Ensure restaurant is clean, organized, and meets standards of excellence
- Interview, hire and train staff so that all employees meet standards
- Communicate effectively with staff to reduce turnover and ensure high standards through positive feedback, coaching and counseling, and discipline.
- Develop and maintain a professional working environment for staff
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in compliance with company and government regulations
- Ensure that all company SOP’s are followed
- Ensure that the restaurant is compliant with licensing, health and safety requirements
- Successfully achieve budgeted sales and profit
- Count inventory and control waste
- Manage cash handling procedures and ensure deposits are prepared according to the SOP
- Ability to work all stations (both Front of House and Back of House positions) if needed
- Provide exemplary customer service to guests and handle guest complaints graciously
- All other duties required to successfully operate the restaurant
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience or education
- Manager’s Food Handler’s Card
- Managers are required to be able to work any day of the week with flexible working hours, including early morning and late-night shifts. Schedule may vary based on business demands.
- Managers are required to work a minimum of 5 days per week and 10 hours per day
- Ability to efficiently operate in Microsoft Office Suite and Email
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Ashley Mills is the Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for the California Central Coast, North Texas, & Northern Florida. She and her husband, Barry, joined Gecko in 2005 and together they have truly enjoyed this exciting career. She prides herself on her ability to research the clients' needs and match them with the right candidates. Ashley also enjoys developing relationships with clients and candidates and feels a great sense of accomplishment when the perfect match is made.
Ashley graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management. Ashley has worked in restaurant management for Don Pablo's and The Corner Bakery Cafe where she worked for years as a FOH Manager as well as a Catering Manager.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, playing tennis and golf, and cheering for her favorite sports teams.