Stowe, VT 05672 US
We are seeking a Restaurant Manager for our four-season, full-service luxury resort situated in beautiful Stowe, Vermont. Our Restaurant Manager will lead and direct a la carte dining activities in the main dining room and lounge of the hotel. Our Restaurant Manager will be entrusted with sustaining the ambitious standards of service, cuisine, and overall dining experience our guests expect. This role demands a combination of leadership acumen, operational expertise, and a passion for hospitality, ensuring smooth functioning, profitability, and continuous growth. Your primary focus will be on ensuring that the restaurant runs efficiently and successfully, overseeing all aspects of operations, including staffing, inventory management, budgeting, and customer satisfaction. You will also play a vital role in creating an inviting and welcoming atmosphere for guests, ensuring that our establishment is the go-to destination for a memorable dining experience. Ideal candidates will deliver 5 years of previous restaurant management experience from an independent hotel, resort, private club, or restaurant.
- Lead, train, and develop the Front of House team.
- Deploy a critical eye for service and professionalism evaluation of existing programs to maintain quality and maximize profitability.
- Maintain ambitious standards of cleanliness through all dining rooms, service, and kitchen areas.
- Work with the Food & Beverage Management team to ensure superior guest service, seek guest input, and promote continual improvement by maintaining ambitious standards, setting an example; addressing and resolving guest complaints, and training/empowering staff.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, counsel, and discipline restaurant staff to ensure the efficient operation of the outlet.
- Conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent resort information to the team, including groups in-house, house count, VIPs, menu changes, pre/post-meal side duties, service standards, and guest comments.
- Works closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs on food quality and presentation.
- Assist in developing operating guidelines such as budgets, forecasts, job descriptions, etc.
- Maintain ongoing front-of-house communication to create solutions for daily operational issues.
- Minimum of five years of previous F&B management experience from an independent, boutique, lifestyle hotel, resort, or private club.
- High volume a la carte food and beverage management experience.
- Experience leading successful operations in a la carte dining settings.
- Strong leadership abilities and experience.
- Relentless pursuit to enhance the overall guest experience.
- Deliver excellent communication, leadership, and people skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and delegate tasks effectively.
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- STD and LTD Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K w/ Matching
- Temporary Housing