Restaurant Sous Chef
825 Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55402 Minneapolis, MN 55414 US
Restaurant Sous Chef
Local, Full Service Restaurant
Are you a Sous Chef passionate about your culinary skills? We are seeking a Professional Sous Chef with strong leadership building skills and high energy. To become the Sous Chef of this leading culinary establishment, Apply Today for our location in the Minneapolis, MN area. We are a stable, successful, local restaurant group and we are looking for the best people to grow their career on our team. We employ hospitality professionals who are competitive, expect to win and can build sales. We are a great company for talented Culinary Professionals to make their mark! Don t miss this fresh, exciting and rewarding career opportunity as a Sous Chef in the Minneapolis, MN area.
Title of Position: Sous Chef
Job Description: Our Sous Chef will be challenged every single day. The person in this position will assist the Executive Chef in educating and mentoring the kitchen staff, keeping them up to date with any menu adjustments and maintaining consistent top quality ingredients in every dish, every time. The Sous Chef must be able to build top line sales and guest counts through the delivery of a competitively superior team that will be recruited, trained and mentored by the Sous Chef. Responsibilities will also include maintaining proper food safety and making sure sanitation procedures are being met.
- Competitive Compensation
- Insurance Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Thorough and Ongoing Training
- The Sous Chef must possess 2+ years of Sous Chef or Kitchen Management experience
- Proven experience creating a safe work environment incorporating team work and professional development is necessary for the Sous Chef
- The Sous Chef must have proven success in controlling of costs associated with running a profitable business such as food, labor and beverage
- The ability to perform basic math calculations and understand fundamental accounting principles is a must for the Sous Chef
Apply Now- Sous Chef located in the Minneapolis, MN Area
If you would like to be considered for this position, email your resume to Victoria@geckohospitality.com
- *Current or recent Sous Chef Experience, preferably in a free standing, full service restaurant environment
- *Good History of tenure and stability
- *Experience with volume of 3M+ is preferred
- *Desire to learn, teach and grow
- *Ability to coach and lead others
- *Excitement and passion for the industry
- *Ability to work a flex schedule, including nights and weekends
Victoria Epstein, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Victoria Epstein is our Franchise Partner for Western Pennsylvania, Minnesota and Northern Ohio. She started her Restaurant career at the age of 14. Quickly climbing the ranks, she began managing independent, full- service and fine dining restaurants. Victoria gained corporate experience with Donatos, helping with 7 new restaurants before becoming a General Manager. Victoria also spent 5 years with Bertucci's Restaurants as a Service Manager, Culinary Manager, GM, and Training Store MP.
Victoria is excited to utilize her experience and passion for the industry to match talented people with great careers. Victoria lives with her husband and three kids and enjoys Scuba Diving, family time, and giving back.
Having established an excellent reputation as a highly referred, industry recruiter in her markets, Victoria is passionate about her quality of work, and enjoys the client relationships formed through the years.