Virgin, UT 84779 US
Position reports to: General Manager
General description of purpose:
Overall management responsibility for the operation of the kitchen and dining areas. Able to schedule staff according to occupancy. Assisting all team members in all responsibilities. Including but not limited to: taking food orders, prepping and cooking, washing dishes, cleaning dining area, maintaining kitchen equipment, and serving alcohol. Expected to maintain a high standard of food presentation and quality. Creating and fostering a friendly work environment where everyone works together as a team.
Employee's responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
Staff Relations – Develop a high level of trust and mutual respect with kitchen staff to reduce turnover and build engagement. Communicate effectively and constantly while building staff skill sets, knowledge and abilities. Be visible and available to all staff while maintaining an open-door policy. Counsel with staff as needed to reduce internal conflict and promote well-being.
- Staff Evaluation – Conduct performance appraisals and development plans for kitchen staff, correcting, and coaching when needed. Have regular meetings with kitchen staff to ensure everything is running smoothly. Set daily/weekly/monthly/season goals. Foster a friendly work environment where team members can feel comfortable.
- Leadership – Ensure all company, state, and federal food handling and alcohol policies are strictly followed. Present an accurate and effective image of successful leadership. Delegate appropriately. Confidently guide and direct team members.
- Inventory – Able to use camp occupancy to forecast ordering. Keep an accurate account of all inventoried items to reduce waste and prevent shortage.
- Teamwork – Able to assist in placing food orders, keeping the kitchen and dining area clean, food prep, inventory, and the cleaning and maintain of all restaurant equipment. Able to bring all team members together to work as 1 unit to maximize morale and efficient service.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Must be over 21. State law requires candidate to be over the age of 21 to sell alcohol
- ServSafe and Utah Tips Certified preferred
- Ability to stand, walk, bend/kneel throughout your shift
- Knowledge and experience in food and beverage operations
- Ability to lift 25lbs
- Knowledge in Food and Beverage operations
- Ability to work for long periods of time, outdoors, and in uncomfortable temperatures
- Ability to be outgoing, pleasant, and empathetic even in confrontational situations
- Supervisory or management experience in food and beverage
- Ability to cook all meals on the menu
- Ability to use all kitchen equipment
- Keep the kitchen clean in accordance to State/Local Health Department standards
- Follow and enforce all food handling procedures
- Follow and enforce all policies related to serving or the sale of alcohol
Employee housing is available for staff members at the rate of $200/month per shared room. Housing is located in Hurricane, UT - must have own transportation to and from the work place. Keith@geckohospitality.Com or 801-386-1603
Keith Tench, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Keith Tench comes from a corporate sales background. After completing college at Sonoma State University, he started working in San Francisco with AT&T Wireless Data for 7 years. After that, he has spent the last 15 years building and growing a GPS tracking company based in Phoenix. His entrepreneurial spirit has to lead him to Gecko Hospitality. Early in his career, he was part of the kitchen team that opened the first Chili’s in Northern CA. Keith likes to golf, play softball, coach his daughters' soccer team and loves sports. He gets great joy out of spending time with his family and friends. He also enjoys backyard barbeques, relaxing by the pool and watching his grow up and prepare for the next chapters in her life. His favorite sports teams are the Sf Giants, 49ers, and Cleveland Cavaliers. He also has 3 small Chihuahuas that keep him busy.