Retail Restaurant Manager
1741 Business Center Drive, Suite 200 Richmond, VA 23220 US
The Retail Manager serves as the company manager in the cash operations. These primarily include ordering food and supplies, secure receipt and quality assured storage, menu adjustment and execution under the Food Service Director’s guidance, recipe and production quality assurance, proper storage and review of the day’s activities and future menus and functions, financial control of products used and menu implemented, housekeeping program, safety program, and procedures adherence. The Retail Manager assists in supporting the highest possible client/customer satisfaction levels, associate relations and unit retention program effectiveness. Assists the Food Service Director in the achievement of mutual company and client financial goals.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures unit retention.
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of client contracts.
- Follow up to customer/client/associate surveys.
- Prepare a special events calendar to be in place on a monthly, weekly and daily basis.
- Responsible for compliance with company standards.
- Provide positive feedback to associates when programs are implemented with success.
- Take necessary actions to ensure all company quality and service standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Encourage associate creativity and innovation within agreed upon company standards.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Responsible for implementation and compliance with the agreed-upon company marketing programs.
- Identify and recommend new sales and revenue opportunities.
- Responsible for attainment of financial goals for the retail areas.
- Control expenses within the retail areas.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate for cash operation needs.
- Monitor and audit the cash control process within the retail areas.
- Conduct contribution analysis biannually.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Demonstrate and promote company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic attitude in striving for and meeting company business goals and objectives.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrates good communication and listening skills with customers and associates.
- Follow the principal of Management by Walking Around to maintain contact with customers and associates.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.
- Act as a role model.
- At least 2 years of management experience at a contract food service account.
- Experience working at a college/university is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
$55K - $60K range
Presented by Garrett Moyer with Gecko Hospitality
Please send your resume by return e mail