South Burlington, VT 05403
JOB OVERVIEW: Market the Hotel property through sales calls, sales blitz’s, and sale programs to foster and promote hotel patronage in an effort to meet/exceed sales goals. Work in junction with the Director of Sales to maximize sales efforts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTONS:
- Reviews information on sales meetings, conventions, training classes, overnight travel, and other functions held by organization members to select prospective customers for hotel services.
- Calls on prospects to solicit business, analyzes requirements of function, outlines available hotel facilities and services offered, and quotes prices.
- Verifies reservations by letter, or draws up contract and obtains signatures.
- Confers with customer and hotel department heads to plan function details such as space requirements, publicity, time schedule, food service, and decorations.
- Serves as convention advisor or coordinator during function to minimize confusion, resolve problems such as space adjustment, and need for additional equipment.
- Handles current incoming corporate base account reservations and handles requests.
- Acts as the "in-house" property contact for all top corporate base accounts; supplies the D.O.S. with current information.
- Coordinates all group details including deposits, rooming lists, hospitality room and functions, baggage handling, parking and changes up to the day of arrival.
- Upon group, arrival coordinates "red carpet" welcome at check in. Works closely with group leader/contact to handle group needs, special requests, and functions to assure guest satisfaction throughout the stay and departure.
- Attend trade shows, community events, and chamber programs.
- Verifies room availability for group requests.
- Will quote room rates based on projected hotel occupancy, availability, market supply and other rate quoting criteria.
- Coordination of contracts; keep the trace file current.
- Understand and practice yield management techniques.
- Follows up on group rooming lists and deposit deadlines.Review upcoming groups with the D.O.S. and A.G.M.
- Prepare quarterly KRAs.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must have the ability to communicate in English; self-starting personality with an even disposition and maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Ability to stand for long periods, good knowledge of proper bending ,stooping, and lifting up to 35 pounds. Exercise care when walking on wet floors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality, and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!