Senior Training Manager – Growing Restaurant Group
3500 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 US
Senior Training Manager
Growing Restaurant Group
Our group of restaurants originated from one of our founders’ passion for great food, craft beer, and a thoughtful bar program. We wanted to maintain a neighborhood feel and mix it with the laid back vibe of the beach. Nearly a decade ago we opened our first restaurant on the beach and have since grown to 7 locations…with more under construction! We feature a diverse craft beer menu, an eclectic, from-scratch menu, and the ability to change with the time, whether it’s new cooking techniques or educating our bar staff on new brew. What has fueled our growth? It’s been our dedication to our food, our guests, and our employees. If you’re ready to make an impact with a young, dynamic company, we’re looking for you!
Senior Training Manager
Job Description: Our Senior Training Manager will be leading the Training Department on all aspects of training, from hourly employees to MIT Training to General Manager development. This is not an office based position; this position will require the majority of the time spent in the field at our restaurants performing training functions along with rolling out new training initiatives. The Senior Training Manager will ensure all training materials are regularly updated and accurately maintained. This individual will work to build and implement new training programs and systems to be rolled out company-wide. We want to be able to evolve with the times to better train our staff, and this Senior Training Manager will work to research newer and more efficient training practices and systems. This person should have experience with sourcing, implementing, and rolling out e-learning modules. The ability to follow through and ensure new trainees are up to our standards is a vital part of this position.
- Industry Competitive Salary
- Medical / Dental Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation
- Unlimited Growth Potential
Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 4-5 years of current Senior-level (Director, Regional, etc.) Training Manager experience with a Corporate Restaurant Chain
- Extensive experience with New Store Openings and growing a brand
- Ability to regularly travel throughout the market to train and develop employees
- Knowledge of & experience with up-to-date training trends (i.e. e-learning, video production, instructional design, etc.)
- Must have background with creation, development and implementation of training materials
- Lead the Training Department on all aspects of training, ranging from both Hourly and Leadership (MIT) training to Assistant General Manager and General Manager development.
- Develop and Lead the Hourly Training Team, working through others to support Company Training Objectives.
- Keeper of all training content, ensuring Training Materials are consistently updated and accurate for all concepts.
- Build and Implement Training Programs and Systems for Operational Rollouts.
- Support Restaurant Operations by being the Standards Bearer of the What, Why and How while consistently holding others accountable to making the Right Choices.
- Foster an ever-evolving Learning Culture by researching new and efficient training practices and systems.
- Build relationships with others in the training and hospitality field to discover “Best in Class”
- Training and Compliance Technology
- Gather analytics from Yelp!, Open Table, Guest Feedback and Sprinkler to determine best ways to Serve Happiness to our guests.
- Provide Ongoing Education and testing for Service and Hospitality standards, as well as our Food and Beverage Programs.
- Maintain a Culture of Follow-Through and Accountability by validating all New Hires are trained to our Standards and conducting in-restaurant Quarterly Training Audits.
- Develop and Implement New Store Training Processes to ensure High-Quality Guest Experiences from Opening Day and Onward.
Apply Today - Senior Training Manager located in Manhattan Beach, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.