Sous Chef - Casual Wine Bistro
3500 N Sepulveda Blvd, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 Manhattan Beach, CA 90266 US
Fresh and Sophisticated
Our story began with a vision. The founders of our Manhattan Beach location wanted a restaurant with a casual environment, yet high quality, chef-inspired entrees along with a great selection of wine. Once we opened, we immediately exceeded our initial expectations and became a local favorite! Customers enjoy the quality of our restaurant, from the food they eat to the design of our establishment. For wine enthusiasts, we have an expansive selection of wines to choose from and savor. With other locations in Southern California, we’re starting to become one of the hottest Restaurant Groups to join in the region!
Title of Position: Sous Chef
Job Description: Our Sous Chef will be the go-to person for the culinary staff. The person in this position will assist the Chef in educating and mentoring the kitchen staff, keeping them up to date with any menu adjustments and maintaining consistent top quality ingredients in every dish, every time. The Sous Chef will also assist the Chef in adjusting the menu and adding new items. Maintaining a sanitary and organized kitchen will also be a top priority for the Sous Chef. The Sous Chef will be coached to further expand their career into the future. The Sous Chef will assume responsibilities of the Chef in the event of their absence. As the Sous Chef it is necessary to exhibit exemplary leadership and communication skills whereas you will be the intermediary between the front and back of the house. The Sous Chef will also work with the management team to increase guest counts and sales.
- Minimum of 2-3 years current experience as a salaried Sous Chef in a high volume (over $3m per year in sales) Upscale Casual concept
- Ability to maintain high levels of food quality, consistency, and hygiene
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Excellent work ethic and drive to succeed
- Sous Chef must be proficient with financials (P&L's, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
Apply Now – Sous Chef located in Manhattan Beach, California!