Sous Chef - Seasonal- Banner Elk
Sugar Mountain, NC 28604 US
Upscale Fine Dining
We’re in search of a Professional Sous Chef who is passionate about working with the freshest seasonally inspired ingredients available and who is creative enough to transform them into delicious delights for our guests. Making it your goal to ensure each guest leaves with the impression they’ve received the highest level of quality. Apply immediately for this opportunity in Boone, NC
Title of Position: Sous Chef
Job Description: The Sous Chef is the Executive Chef’s right-hand person, making sure all menu items are executed with excellence 100% of the time. If there are occasions when the Executive Chef is unable to work, the Sous Chef assumes all duties normally designated to the Executive Chef. The Sous Chef will assist the Executive Chef by contributing to building top line sales and guest counts through the delivery of competitively superior team members and guest experience. The Sous Chef position was designed to help lead the team of culinary professionals to deliver high quality, great tasting food, proper food safety procedures and profitability. The Sous Chef has to be a problem solver, ready to come up with on-the-spot solutions for problems that may occur in the kitchen. The Sous Chef is often in charge of training new employees, as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executing and carrying the Executive Chef’s requests and orders without questioning.
- Ability to execute all positions on the line and help line staff when they get behind.
- Execute and oversee the production of all menu items.
- Complete understanding of work safety and emergency procedures.
- Expedite orders correctly and efficiently to ensure smooth kitchen flow.
- Perform line checks to include temperature checks of all refrigeration, rotation and dating of all foods, proper prep(taste), freshness and specials completed for the nights service.
- Assisting with creation and execution of daily specials.
- Implement closing duties for the runners, stewards, line/pantry cooks and ensure all duties are being completed.
- Ensure all foods are up to our quality and standards, all specials are current with the seasons and trends, coach and train the staff.
- Assisting the chefs with the scheduling
- Inspire and motivate kitchen staff.
- Prior Sous Chef experience is desirable
- Fine-Dining experience is preferred
- Dedicated to providing guests with amazing experiences with the highest degree of integrity
- Desire to run a kitchen—constantly challenging themselves and their team to be better
Why Work With Us?
• Seasonal work May through October 2023
• Develop your fine dining experience
• Independently Owned
• closed Sunday and Monday
• $1200 weekly and housing allowance
Apply Now – Sous Chef located in Boone, NC
If you would like to be considered for this position, apply today! Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org