1741 Business Center Drive, Suite 200 Norfolk, VA 23504 US
Full Benefits Package
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Sous Chef to join our dynamic culinary team. The ideal candidate will exhibit culinary expertise, robust leadership abilities, and a keen eye for detail.
As a Sous Chef, you will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in our kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen staff, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment's notice.
- Assist the Executive Chef in menu development and execution.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and other food preparation workers.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Create exceptional dishes and present them in a visually appealing way.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area.
- Proven experience as a Sous Chef in a full-service restaurant.
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills.
- Credentials in health and safety training.
- Degree in culinary science or related certificate.
To apply, please send your resume and a brief cover letter detailing your experience and passion for the culinary arts to Tombull@Geckohospitality.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Tom Bull, CPC
Tom Bull, CPC is the senior executive recruiter for Gecko Hospitality, Virginia and DC. Tom has a big background in restaurant operations with prior experience as DO for Applebee’s.
After joining Gecko in 2010 he has successfully developed an extensive client and candidate base throughout Washington DC and Virginia. Tom has received numerous awards for top performance during his career at Gecko. He receives frequent accolades from candidates and clients for his ability to fill job orders fast.
Tom’s experience in operations and recruiting provide a solid foundation allowing him to fill some of the most challenging positions, fast. He has connections at all levels within the restaurant segment from unit managers to Senior VP level operations, in addition to Executive Chefs and similar culinary roles.
Tom’s success is built on his ability to develop strong business relationships and works ethically with a high sense of urgency.