Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist - Healthcare - Coos Bay, OR
Coos Bay, OR
The Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist position is responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, testing and referring applicants for administrative, clinical/non-clinical professional, nursing, patient care support, allied health, physician, and management positions throughout Bay Area Hospital. This position must possess considerable expertise in networking, social media, on-line advertising, referrals, and direct sourcing techniques. In addition the position must have strong interviewing skills, an expert knowledge of the recruitment process, the ability to build trust with candidates and hiring managers, the capacity to clearly articulate the employee value proposition, and knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with leadership and other interdisciplinary teams to understand position requirements and establish effective sourcing initiatives. Direct sourcing responsibility also includes building talent pipelines for all areas, including specialized hard to fill roles that traditionally might go to agency recruitment firms
- Creates and implement sourcing strategies
- Develops and maintains relationships with current employees, and all new hires, to proactively harvest referrals/leads and create excitement around referrals
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal and external leaders in-person and on social sites such as LinkedIn. Joins related industry LinkedIn/Facebook groups, etc., and is active in chats, etc. Participates in the utilization of blogs, professional networking, and group sites to engage candidates
- Screens candidates to determine suitability for positions and performs a variety of recruitment related functions
- Executes recruitment sourcing strategies to ensure a constant flow of high-quality leads/candidates into key pipelines and requisitions for assigned service lines.
- Travels to local and national conferences, hiring/job fairs, and other relevant professional meetings and events. Responsible for following up on all leads from various sourcing strategies and events
- Creates advanced research techniques to find top health care talent through various mediums including databases, networking, associations, social media, referrals, Boolean search strings, online and traditional directories as well as other innovative sourcing methods
- Gathers and prepares data to assess effectiveness of sourcing strategy. Analyzes and reports on sourcing metrics to CHRO
- Stays abreast of current and emerging technologies in order to proactively identify new venues for attracting qualified candidates. Implements best practices to continually increase the number, speed, and quality of hires
- Develops and shares subject matter expertise that can be readily applied to new tasks
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships with key stakeholders, including but not limited to vendors, recruiters, and hiring managers
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(Essential job requirements listed in bold)
- Ability to make independent decisions
Demonstrated leadership ability
Effective written and verbal interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple positions and priorities
Demonstrated ability to understand, adapt and respond effectively to a constantly changing environment
Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time including overnight stays
Exhibits the ability to maintain confidentiality, think and act independently with minimal supervision
Maintains regular, consistent and punctual attendance at the assigned job location
(Essential job requirements listed in bold)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field (may substitute 7 years progressive, recent HR experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree)
- 5 years recruiting experience
- Healthcare recruitment experience strongly preferred
- SHRM, HRCI or other HR certification preferred
Relocation Assistance Available
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist - Healthcare - Coos Bay, OR - Send your resume today!
Kevin Kalstad, CPC
Kevin Kalstad has been in the Hospitality and "People" business for over three decades. Kevin's work in the hospitality industry has included Farrell's Ice Cream Parlors, Pacific Coast Restaurants, Multnomah Athletic Club, Ram Restaurant and Brewery, HMS Host, and Marriott Hotels.
Kevin is married to his best friend Tammy, and they have two children, and five grandchildren. Kevin joined the Gecko Hospitality franchise ownership group in 2010. Kevin operates the Oregon, Washington, Northern California, and Alaska offices of Gecko Hospitality.
Kevin Kalstad is a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) and a member of the National Association of Personnel Services (NAPS). Kevin's diverse background and life experiences will benefit both his candidates and clients.