Staffing Manager - Boutique Catering Company - Philly, PA $52-58K
Philadelphia, PA 19119 US
Boutique Caterer in Philadelphia, PA
$52-58K + benefits, PTO, 401K, etc.
The Staffing Manager is responsible for delivering and overseeing all staffing needs including in-house staff and off-site staff. The Staffing Manager acts as the primary staffing liaison for Front of House (FOH) employees and works in conjunction with the back of house (BOH) staff and captains to communicate all important info for a successful event.
Staffing coordinator will secure front of house staff for events, coordinate site times, relay all information effectively and efficiently to staff. This individual demonstrates and implements the highest standard of professionalism in the industry.
The Staffing Manager also approves all payroll for staff weekly.
General Responsibilities: Staffing
- Maintains information for online staffing programs.
- Maintains good relationship with Temporary Staffing Agencies.
- Maintain correct staff data internally
- Input paperwork for new staff into employment system.
- Communicate clearly to staff all pertinent event information.
- Obtain confirmations from all staff after event information is received.
- Attend various events to check-in staff, assure proper training, uniforms, etc
- Problem solves with Event Managers on event day cancellations and no-shows.
- Assists Event Managers with efficient and profitable staffing.
- Have a clear understanding of logistical considerations in regards to staff.
- Maintain on-site compliance with or FOH and BOH for each event to comply with City, State and Federal labor laws.
Essential Skills and Experience
* Be able to coordinate various activities with multiple components requiring independent follow through and attention to detail.
* Comfortable in a multi-task environment with frequent interruptions, short deadlines, and sometimes a high degree of pressure.
* Have knowledge of service and food and beverage, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house experience.
* Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with management and staff at all levels.
* Adequately represent the organization when in contact with staff and vendors on the telephone.
* Be highly organized and detail oriented.
* Possess excellent basic math skills.
- Proficient in word and excel.
$50-58K DOE, 75% paid medical, 401K, PTO
For immediate consideration, send your resume directly to email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Matt Bodnar began his career by quickly identifying himself has an up-and-coming Hospitality Operations Leader. From 2013 to 2018, he managed small and large-scale events on Yachts in New York Harbor, oversaw Concession-style service in a sports arena, and managed Food & Beverage at an upscale, boutique hotel in Manhattan, before moving to Philadelphia and entrenching himself in the Philly food scene. He switched gears into Talent Acquisition and recruiting, utilizing his operational experience to connect with and identify top talent in the industry. He is thrilled to be joining the Gecko Hospitality team, supporting the Restaurant Division in Eastern PA/DE.
Matt describes himself as a "Food Guy". He loves to cook, eat, garden, watch Food Network and connect with professionals in the business. Other hobbies include playing golf and basketball, hiking/camping/just about anything outside, snowboarding, listening to music and spending time with friends and family (hopefully soon). He is extremely service and relationship-oriented, and strives to anticipate client needs and guide a seamless partnership through placement after placement.