Theater General Manager
32 Reiss Ave, Lowell, MA 01851 Lowell, MA 01851 US
General Manager - Theater
Upscale Movie Theater in Lowell, MA area in search f a talented leader. While this theater has a team of capable employees, it needs a General Manager that brings experience successfully managing a theater or entertainment venue and can train and further build the existing team.
The General Manager is responsible for all aspects of an efficient and profitable movie theater / cinema operation. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all facets of theater operations.
- Oversee projection process and work with equipment service team to ensure that managers properly trained on equipment and that audio & video presentation is excellent.
- Establish and maintain superior customer service and community relations.
- Ensure that Company policies are communicated, implemented, and enforced.
- Promote a spirit of cooperation within the location.
- Maintain appropriate communications within and between various departments of the Company.
- Ensure safety of employees, guests, and vendors by following safety practices and procedures, including inspections and follow-through.
Accounting and Administration
- Oversee annual budget for the location.
- Monthly profit & loss analysis.
- Responsible for weekly invoices, petty cash, concession inventories, ticket inventories, and all theatre funds.
- Conduct theatre audits and monitor all theater security.
- Oversee the proper reporting of incidents and employee and Guest accidents.
- Oversee and ensure training for all theater systems.
- Responsible for all aspects of concessions, including: increasing revenues, maintaining strong vendor relationships, controlling food cost, inventory management, and implementing incentive compensation program.
- Ensure product quality and superior preparation at the concession stand.
- Ensure proper use, maintenance and cleaning of all concession and kitchen equipment.
- Ensure proper and current management and staff food and beverage certification and required alcohol training certification.
- Responsible for payroll management, hiring, training, and developing staff and management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of training programs related to human resources, quality control, loss prevention, and project management.
- Manage the selection, termination, development, measurement, motivation, and cooperation of the location staff and management.
- Oversee theatre staffing plans to ensure they are consistent and adequate for business and are in line with the established payroll goals.
- Oversee proper staff appearance, behavior and demeanor.
- Conduct annual/bi-annual performance reviews with staff and management team.
- Supervise projection and Janitorial personnel.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment.
- Oversee all utility issues.
- Demonstrate leadership values and provide a hands-on approach to lead staff through day-to-day operations in a positive working environment.
- Professional and personable; exceptional guest relations skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong computer, detail, organizational skills.
- This position requires weekend, night and holiday shifts
- 3 years+ management experience.
- Helpful: Restaurant management experience
This is a full-time salaried position. Nights, weekends and holiday shifts are required. We offer a competitive salary, incentive bonus, full benefits package including health, dental and life insurance, paid time off, 401K and much more.
For an interview, please email your resume to Brian Blum at email@example.com
Brian Blum, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Brian Blum is the franchise partner for Gecko Hospitality in Massachusetts, Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont and he is an active member of NAPS. Brian's ability to educate and assist restaurant leaders with their employment decisions while sticking to his values of honesty and respect and his mantra of "people work for people", have set him apart from the competition. Organizations now more than ever are looking for top talent and Brian's ability to bring together talented Restaurant Managers, Chefs and Directors with his contacts at both National and independent Restaurant companies have made him one of the most sought-after recruiters in the industry. Brian is a graduate of the University of Massachusetts and has experience as Restaurant General Manager and Area Director for both corporate and independent restaurants groups.