Training Manager [Coordinator] - Restaurant Group
Petaluma, CA 94954
experiences is central to that value. You have a special mix of creativity, exceptional
communication skills and experience in developing learning solutions for a broad range
of audiences. You are passionate about training and have the ability to engage learners
and communicate concepts clearly and concisely.
HOW YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE EVERY DAY
- Work with Director of Restaurant Operations and leaders across the business to
understand both operation and training needs. Improve the operational systems, processes and procedures to support better
management reporting, information flow and management, business process and
- Managing large scale projects such as developing and leading the Certified Training Program and Manager Training Program
- Leading the planning, developing, and implementation of training and development programs to enhance and grow the brand
- Proactively coaching and developing all levels of managers and team members in the field to include above restaurant leadership
- Administering the training and monitoring the effectiveness of the new restaurant opening and re-imaging training programs
- Taking initiative to proactively analyze gaps in restaurant performance and effectively applying training solutions
- Directing all functions within the Learning Management System (LMS) related to assigning, delivering, assessing, tracking, and reporting
- Establishing a consistent protocol for certifying and auditing training and recertification
- Ability to act as a training consultant to franchisee partners
- Implement the People Learning & Development strategy which supports the overall business objectives and helps promote a culture of learning
YOU’VE GOT THIS?
- 8 or more years of experience with training, and/or multi-unit restaurant experience or a combination of education and experience
- Experience with adult learning principles
- Proficient with LMS platforms, work flows, learning technologies
- Commitment to our core values of integrity, service, excellence, and courage to be bold
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Proven project management experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal and written communications skills
- Strong collaboration skills throughout all levels for the organization
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
College degree in education or instructional design or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
Training Manager [Coordinator] - Restaurant Group - Petaluma, CA - Send your resume today!
Michael Chamberlain-Torres, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Michael Chamberlain-Torres joined Gecko Hospitality in 2014. He is a dedicated and diversely equipped hospitality professional. Michael has worked with the J.W. Marriott, Double Tree by Hilton, and Wingate by Wyndham hotels, holding leadership positions in both the Rooms and F&B Divisions. He aims to build lasting relationships with clients and to give back to the community.
To compliment his industry experience, Michael holds a BSBA from The University of Denver (Major: Hospitality Management). He is also a Certified Personnel Consultant (CPC) and Certified Guest Service Professional (CGSP).
Hospitality and Tourism are both his personal and professional passions. He is an avid traveler who has visited over 50 countries. He enjoys cultural exchange, SCUBA, and gardening.
Michael assists Kevin Kalstad with our offices in the Pacific Northwest. He has been recognized by Gecko as a Top Performer on multiple occasions and is currently focusing on our Hotel/Resort/Private Club clients.