Vice President of Operations | VP Ops
Irving, TX 75015
Vice President of Operations - Up to $175,000 plus bonus and benefits
The VP of Operations plays a key strategic role as a business partner to the management team charged with implementing the next stage of the organization’s growth.
The VP of Operations is a member of the corporate management team and as such, will help provide operating and strategic leadership for the organization. This individual is a key contributor to the strategic planning process and a leader in the execution of plans. The VP of Operations will direct, administer, and coordinate the internal operational activities of the Texas team in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the CEO. The Vice President of Operations will lead and direct the current warehouse facilities in Irving, Texas. This will include the manager of each location, Food Safety, and Quality Assurance for the team. The Vice President of Operations will assist the CEO in the development of organizational policies and goals that cover operations.
The Vice President of Operations will possess an exceptional capacity for managing and leading people to foster an environment of accountability, excellence, collaboration, and innovation. The Vice President of Operations will partner with peers to achieve the goals of the company. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the annual budget. The successful candidate will have the ability to quickly and effectively react to the changing needs of a dynamic company in a results-driven environment.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management in supporting the mission and core values of the company.
- Lead the operational team to achieve and surpass operational goals, profitability, cash flow, and business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes internal and external. Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the facilities and team under your supervision.
- Spearhead the development, communication, and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
- Collaborate with the management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization.
- Motivate and lead high-performance management and operational team; attract, recruit and retain required members of your team not currently in place; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
- Act as lead direct contact with every client and/or partner regarding the plant operations.
- Assist, as required, with capital planning and execution to enable the Company to meet, growth and market share objectives.
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
- Represent the company to customers and business partners where appropriate.
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- At least 5 years of experience with warehouse operations for rental and or production company, 3 in a lead position as Vice President or executive level.
- Excellence in organizational management with experience and ability to manage and develop high-performance teams and develop and implement business strategies.
- Deep experience in budgeting and fiscal management.
- Experience leading organizational transformation projects and business development.
- Past management experience of diverse activities with a large group of employees.
- Experience with quality programs and data-driven business evaluation.
- Food processing industry experience is preferred.
- Experience effectively implementing and utilizing information systems that create operational efficiencies and better information is highly valued.
- Proactive, hands-on, detail-oriented, humble and able to foster collaboration through teamwork.
- Creative problem solver and a thought partner with strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
- Leadership skills such as confidence, intelligence, organization, self-motivation, decisiveness, tact, common sense and a high level of energy.
- Effective developer of talent, employing a participative and coaching management style.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the capacity to interface effectively with managers and staff at all levels.
- Honesty, integrity, fairness and a sense of humor.
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Ashley Mills is the Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for the California Central Coast, North Texas, & Northern Florida. She and her husband, Barry, joined Gecko in 2005 and together they have truly enjoyed this exciting career. She prides herself on her ability to research the clients' needs and match them with the right candidates. Ashley also enjoys developing relationships with clients and candidates and feels a great sense of accomplishment when the perfect match is made.
Ashley graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management. Ashley has worked in restaurant management for Don Pablo's and The Corner Bakery Cafe where she worked for years as a FOH Manager as well as a Catering Manager.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, playing tennis and golf, and cheering for her favorite sports teams.