Irving, TX 75015
Up to $70,00 + Benefits
Las Colinas, Texas | Irving, Texas
• Direct warehousing and delivery activities for the organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate employees.
• Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, keeping warehouse inventory current and delivering all outgoing customer orders and transfers.
• Inspect physical condition of the warehouse, equipment, and delivery vehicles.
• Prepare work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment and vehicles.
• Confer with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities and deliveries with activities of other functions such as sales, records control, and purchasing.
• Direct salvage/disposition of damaged or used material.
• Participate in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
• Arrange and coordinate delivery methods.
• Determine delivery schedules.
• Schedule receipt of incoming shipments, and ensures timely and accurate slotting of product and material, and proper disposition of other incoming deliveries.
• Assist in coordinating physical inventories.
• Coordinate and direct maintenance of the building and other property or facilities.
• Oversee and direct maintenance personnel and workers engaged in repair, installation, and preventative maintenance.
• Directly supervise 6 employees in the warehouse.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
• Interview, hire, and train employees.
• Plan, assign, and direct work.
• Appraise performance.
• Reward and discipline employees.
• Address complaints and resolve problems.
• Tracking employees' hours and pay
. • Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Must be able to maintain annual OSHA Forklift certification.
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. •
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Ashley Mills is the Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for the California Central Coast, North Texas, & Northern Florida. She and her husband, Barry, joined Gecko in 2005 and together they have truly enjoyed this exciting career. She prides herself on her ability to research the clients' needs and match them with the right candidates. Ashley also enjoys developing relationships with clients and candidates and feels a great sense of accomplishment when the perfect match is made.
Ashley graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management. Ashley has worked in restaurant management for Don Pablo's and The Corner Bakery Cafe where she worked for years as a FOH Manager as well as a Catering Manager.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, playing tennis and golf, and cheering for her favorite sports teams.