Winery Operations Manager - 1766955
Temecula, CA 92591 US
Winery General Manager - Temecula, CA
About Our Establishment
Nestled in the core of one of California's renowned wine regions, we have a rich history, farming our vineyards since 1984, and pride ourselves as a genuine working winery, cultivating and producing over 20 estate-grown varietals in certified sustainable facilities.
We've set the gold standard for service in this wine region. Our team is dedicated to impressing visitors by offering exceptional hospitality and exquisite wine and food in a beautiful setting.
Perfect for a Country Club F&B, High-end Restaurant GM, Hotel F&B, or Winery GM - Please apply!!
Role and Responsibilities:
The Winery General Manager is instrumental in offering an unmatched Tasting Room experience, constantly surpassing guest expectations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- The Winery General Manager efficiently manages labor and wine expenses while delivering excellent service.
- Optimizes wine sales, wine club memberships, and merchandise sales.
- The Winery General Manager recruits, leads, trains, and develops a dynamic team.
- Establish, instruct, and uphold departmental standards.
- The Winery General Manager ensures our guests always have a positive and memorable experience.
- Coordinate with other departments for smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- The Winery General Manager is a creative marketer, has an entrepreneurial spirit, and engages with guests for internal marketing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant experience in a related field.
- Proven management and leadership experience in the Winery, Upscale Restaurant, Private Club, or Upscale/Luxury Hotels.
- Strong interpersonal skills for guest & employee satisfaction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of wine and wine production is a preferred, but leadership skills are essential.
- Proficiency with POS systems.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, including standing for extended periods and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday, more if required by business demands. Weekends, Evenings, Holidays
Compensation & Benefits
- $85K-$95K + Performance-based Bonus up to 15%
- Medical, Vision, Dental Options
- 401K Matching
- Accrued Paid Time Off
- 2 Paid Holidays (Thanksgiving + Christmas) & 2 Floating Holidays
Meet Your Recruiter
David grew up in Michigan and started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience includes downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter, and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, summer vacation ‘up north’, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.