Greensboro, NC 27401 US
This amazing restaurant is looking for a friendly and energetic Pastry Chef to join our team of award-winning restaurant professionals who provide outstanding experiences to the guests they serve in a fast-paced environment. The Pastry Chef will deliver the type of outstanding experience we expect our guests to have. We employ remarkable individuals who are committed to making a difference.
Our pastry chefs create every hour of the day. They have the opportunity to present their skills and work with some of the most talented pastry chefs in the area. We pride ourselves on a kitchen forward philosophy. If the kitchen is producing great food it is a great beginning to great reviews!
What are the responsibilities of a Pastry Chef?
- Prepare pastries and baked items
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies
- Understand and follow recipes
- Focus on details and presentation
- Complete tasks in a timely manner consistent with the needs of a high-volume production team
- Assist with keeping an organized, clean kitchen
- Always maintain a professional attitude
- Schedule availability hours of 8 am and 6 pm
- Experience in pastry is preferred
- Serve safe certification preferred
- Focus on details and consistency
- Friendly with a willingness to learn
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and initiative
- Working in a fast-paced work environment
- Opportunity for promotion
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid annual leave (vacation, sick, personal, etc.)
- Domestic partner benefits
- Industry related continuing education
Meet Your Recruiter
Will Thornberry joins Gecko as an executive recruiter. Will currently has 21 years of experience in restaurant operations. Most recently as a managing partner for Texas Roadhouse for 9 years. Will has also worked at Carrabba's as a managing partner for 7 years as well. Will spent his earlier years climbing the restaurant ladder from a busboy, manager, then Managing partner. While as managing partner for Texas roadhouse, He was nominated for partner of the year 2 times.
Will is a native of North Carolina and is extremely familiar with the territory he is responsible for. Will prides himself on being a great listener and being able to understand the needs of the clients as well as the dreams of the candidate to be able to place them in the right home. His drive and work ethic are what make the difference for his clients and candidates.
Will is supported by his amazing wife and his two beautiful daughters. He spends time with his daughters and his family in his spare time. Will also enjoys doing outdoor activities.